About Curry College:
Founded in 1879, Curry College is a private, four-year, liberal
arts-based institution in Milton Massachusetts. In addition to the
main campus classes for adult learners are also offered at our
campus at Cordage Park in historic Plymouth. Curry College is
accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education
(NECHE), and the new England Association of Schools and Colleges
(NEASC). Curry College offers 27 undergraduate majors, over 60
minors and concentrations, as well as five graduate programs.
Public Safety dispatcher will receive communications by
telephone and email and dispatch officers by radio transmissions to
render assistance to any college student, faculty staff or visitors
that require assistance. They will interact with all departments
having business with the department of public safety and assist
This is a part-time, 20-hour per week position, working Monday
through Friday from 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
- Transmits messages from a radio communications base station in
accordance with the rules and regulations of the Federal
- Monitors various radio frequencies to receive, evaluate,
- Operates radio transmitting and receiving equipment comprising
a system of fixed stations and mobile units; Checks operating
condition of equipment and reports malfunctions to proper
- Observe, through a close circuit television system, traffic
movements and conditions such as accidents, fires, and other
hazards or other related incidents;
- This position is classified as an essential worker during times
of natural or manmade incidents.
- Maintains records and logs of information such as all messages
received and transmitted, weather conditions, and individuals or
authorities to contact in emergency situations;
- Searches files to obtain information in response to inquiries
by working accurately with names, numbers, codes, and/or
- Assists with filing and billing of Curry College parking
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working
relationships with others;
- Work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Knowledge of the terminology, coding, symbols, and standard
abbreviations used in radio communications;
- Knowledge of the methods of operating fixed radio
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation,
professional protocols, and individual privacy;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor of his/her
- High School Diploma or equivalent;
- Must be 18 years of age or older;
- Two years of emergency dispatch experience or equivalent;
- Basic computer knowledge and competency;
- First Aid/CPR Certification.
At the College's discretion, the education and experience
prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate,
to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of
education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for
success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful
completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Curry College is an equal opportunity employer and committed to
a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, sex identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by
applicable state and federal law, including Title IX.
Inquiries about the application of Title IX can be directed to
the College's Title IX Coordinator, Rachel King at
Rachel.email@example.com, (617) 979-3516, or King Academic
Administration Building, 55 Atherton St, or US Department of
Education, Office of Civil Rights ("OCR") - Boston Office, 5 Post
Office Square, 8th Floor, Boston, MA 02109-3921, (617)
Please apply online at
for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume,
cover letter, and a list of three professional reference names, one
of which must be a former or current supervisor, including complete
contact information and professional titles.