Research Assistant I BWH NEUROLOGY
Company: Brigham and Women's Hospital
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The primary goals of the Research Assistant (RA) will be to work
with a multi-disciplinary team to learn cutting-edge research in
neurology and network science. The RA will provide assistance on
federally funded clinical studies which aim to investigate the
relationships between patient's social networks and their
neurological outcomes. The RA will also have the opportunity to
execute his or her own project under the mentorship of the
Primary responsibilities will include recruiting and
interviewing subjects, writing IRB materials, managing budgets and
grant submissions, engaging with patients, supervising
undergraduate research trainees, and conducting preliminary social
network analysis. This position will provide the Research Assistant
the opportunity to gain patient-contact experience, managerial
skills, exposure to neurology, and data analysis skills that could
lead to academic presentations.
This job is well suited for individuals interested in social
networks, neurology, or a career in research or medicine. A
background in computer science, statistics, and social science are
beneficial. Interested applicants can learn more about the research
team and its work by visiting www.dhandlab.com.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides assistance on clinical research studies as per study
guidelines and protocols.
- Recruits and evaluates potential study patients. Per protocol
instruction, conducts telephone interviews or schedules patient for
study visit and screening. May be required to perform clinical
tests such as bedside neurocognitive assessments.
- Interact with patients/subjects with regard to study, including
patient education, procedural instruction, follow-up. May serve as
a liaison between patient and physician.
- Responsible for collecting data and maintaining patient
information database for study. May be required to input data, do
minimum analysis and run various reports. Maintains patients
records as part of record keeping function.
- Responsible for mailing various study information or packets to
- Answers any phone calls and inquiries regarding study protocol.
Refers participants when appropriate to supervisor or clinical
- Writes and maintains study related documents, such as protocols
and grant submissions.
- Codes and completes analyses related to project in the R
environment and other software platforms.
- Monitors and sets up any needed equipment.
- Maintains inventory and orders supplies when necessary.
- All other duties, as assigned.
- BS or BA
- New graduate with relevant course or project work
- Excellent interpersonal skills are required for working with
the study participants.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of clinical research protocols.
- Knowledge of computer programs, databases, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize a
variety of tasks.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism and respect for subjects
rights and individual needs.
Keywords: Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston , Research Assistant I BWH NEUROLOGY, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!