7-3 Shift Guest Services Supervisor, SUN-WED
Company: Pine Street Inn
Posted on: June 12, 2021
SCHEDULE: 40 hours, Sunday Wednesday, 6:45 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
weekends and holidays as needed
Reporting directly to the Shelter Director of Pine Streets
Womens Inn, the 7-3 Shift Guest Services Supervisor is responsible
for the frontline management of the Inn, which provides emergency
shelter and supportive housing programs for homeless women.
While upholding the mission of respect and care to the Inns
guests, the Supervisor ensures that programs are succeeding in
transitioning long-term homeless individuals into permanent housing
and reducing lengths of shelter stays for other homeless
individuals through diversion, rapid rehousing and other
Working with the Shelter Director and other supervisors, the 7-3
Shift Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for implementing,
and maintaining all approved Pine Street Inn regulatory, personnel,
facilities, program, operations, financial and security policies,
protocols and procedures.
The 7-3 Shift Guest Services Supervisor is responsible for
managing and assessing the performance of direct reports toward
achieving annual strategic goals.
- BA, BSW or equivalent OR
- At least 2 years of management/supervisory experience
- Organization skills
- Some knowledge of addictions, mental illness and
- Supervisory experience
- Superior organizational, written and verbal communications
skills and demonstrated project management experience.
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated commitment to Pine Street Inns mission and
- Demonstrated positive approach to change
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, take initiative,
and is both self-directed and capable with taking direction
- Willingness to work evenings and early mornings as needed
- Works proactively to keep up with program innovations and new
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a goal-oriented,
- Ability to respond quickly, confidently and calmly in emergency
- Enthusiasm, positive attitude, sense of humor and can-do
- Ability to sit for long periods of time; Ability to access
different building locations. Requires stooping, bending, and
stretching. Ability to safely lift guests as needed. Use of a
computer for email, word processing and spreadsheets; and other
office equipment (fax, copier etc.) as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Working with the Shelter Director, engage staff in evolving
shelter operations in accordance with the agencys strategic
- Implement approved annual program goals and plans that focus
staff and other resources towards transitioning long term homeless
individuals into permanent housing and reducing lengths of shelter
stays for other homeless individuals through diversion, rapid
rehousing and other evidence-based strategies.
- Lead staff in consistently delivering services that emphasize
dignity, respect and fairness in all interactions with the Inns
- Facilitate cooperative relationships with all departments and
external collaborators contributing to the services provided to
homeless individuals including: program administration; outreach,
other shelters; mental health services; health care clinics;
security; permanent housing programs; finance; human resources;
development, external affairs and volunteer departments; workforce
development; facilities, clothing and food services; housing
organizations; womens organizations; and city, state, and federal
health, homeless, and law enforcement agencies.
- Working with the agency and Inns leadership, implement and
maintain all approved Pine Street Inn regulatory, personnel,
facilities, program, operations, financial policies, protocols and
- Working with Pine Street Inns Human Resources department, hire
employees through the appropriate Inn policies and procedures.
Insure that all human resource policies and procedures including
required orientation, training, time sheets, benefits enrollments,
etc. are appropriately communicated, followed, documented and
evaluated for all direct reports
- Implement and evaluate annual performance of all assigned
shelter staff including specific objectives connected to the
agencys overall strategic and annual plans, achievement of guest
service plans and data management
- Process payroll and scheduling, maintaining and records for
- Provide consistent weekly supervision of direct reports,
delegating appropriate work as needed.
- Supervise shift programs and procedures to insure their
success, including holiday planning, fire drills, meals, clothing
distribution, supplies/storage, guest search and security desk,
guest mail, and coat room services
- Participate in shelter and Inn meetings of supervisors and
staff to ensure that information is shared, progress against goals
is articulated, and ongoing activities and efforts are consistent
and coordinated. Provide frequent opportunities for staff to share
their ideas and input
- Working with Pine Streets Department of Program Evaluation,
ensure that both self and shelter staff are properly trained and
implementing HMIS data collection procedures. Ensure accuracy and
completeness of the data collected and entered. Submit reports and
respond to special information requests promptly and as
- Responsible for oversight and accuracy of monthly efforts and
referrals, Touchpoint assessments, weekly dismissals and any other
ETO data tasks as assigned.
- Insure that all shift work is in compliance with agency
policies, procedures contracts and grants supporting that the work
of the shelter.
Safety and Security
- Working with the Associate Director and Pine Street Inns
Director of Security, ensure comprehensive and consistent
implementation by self and staff of safety and security training,
policies, procedures and monitoring as determined by Pine Street
Inn to enhance the safety of staff and guests and the neighborhood,
with particular attention to searches, implementation of Crisis
Prevention and Intervention training and safety plans, protocols
- Working with Pine Street Inns Operations Department and the
Inns Health and Safety Committee, ensure that self and staff
implement required safety/ hazard policies and procedures.
- Participate in training, work groups and meetings as directed
by the Associate Director, Shelter Director, Vice President for
Emergency Services, Chief Program Officer and President and
- Communicate and support management decisions and the inns
initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Associate
Director, Shelter Director, Vice President for Emergency Services,
Chief Program Officer or President and Executive Director.
Supervisees: approximately 7 (seven) employees
Supervisory Line: Shelter Director- Womens Inn; Vice President
for Emergency Services; Chief Program Officer; President &
PAY RATE:$26.44 PER HOUR
Keywords: Pine Street Inn, Boston , 7-3 Shift Guest Services Supervisor, SUN-WED, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!