Bulfinch Staffing Specialist
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: June 12, 2021
As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is
committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and
service to the community by leading innovation across our system.
Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General
Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of
care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care
organization, a physician network, community health centers, home
care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals
are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system
is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's
patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our
employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General
Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal
aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and
creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted
mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal
development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern
decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our
work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service
Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we
treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect,
Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork &
The ideal candidate for this position will have demonstrated
ability to provide the highest level of customer service to meet
the temporary staffing needs of a select group of job roles for
placement within the MGB ommunity. This person must be driven to
excel as well as handle the recruitment/onboarding/placement
process efficiently and effectively. This role is responsible for
managing the hire process for all department specific hires;
Research summer jobs, summer jobs in partnership with the CCHI
youth programs and a select group of other specialized positions
where candidates have already been identified. This role will also
manage the onboarding process for the MGH Institute of Health
Professions work study students, spoken language interpreters,
simulated patients and, will also be responsible for the full cycle
recruitment process of a various temp roles as needed
The Staffing Specialist must be able to work and adapt in a
fast-paced environment, multi-task with ease and enthusiasm,
possess a sense of urgency and, have excellent time management
skills. Must be articulate and have the drive to go the extra mile
to service our customers and candidates.
The Staffing Specialist must be experienced with full cycle
recruiting including, sourcing and screening candidates, conducting
phone, virtual and in-person interviews, handling offers, creating
salary calculations and performing other administrative components
of the recruitment process. The staffing specialist will also
manage assignment placements and handle a variety of HR related
issues including, employee relations.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with departments to onboard identified temps for
various summer roles, IHP and other specialized positions.
- Develop and implement various cost-effective sourcing
techniques to recruit for select roles within the MGB system of
hospitals and affiliate sites.
- Maintain adequate pool of available temps to meet the placement
needs of the organization.
- Educate departments on the process of temp staffing.
- Screen referrals, using a variety of methods to determine
appropriate skills and abilities based on the provided job
- Partner with CCHI Youth Programs team to coordinate annual
- Handle salary calculations using guidelines administered
through the MGB Wage and Salary Department and other compensation
- Coordinate the oboarding process for all confirmed referrals,
including ensuring all background checks and new hire compliance
requirements are met. Assist with department orientation
- Must stay informed on market trends and recruiting practices
and comply with the affirmative action guidelines of the
organization with the goal of recruiting and maintaining a diverse
- Consult with managers to understand the departments business to
facilitate proper referrals from the application pool.
Develops/maintains strong working relationships with managers to
create a partnership that yields success, results and
- Respond to requests from departments seeking temporary
coverage. Provide guidance to managers regarding the management of
temporary staff, including an overview of BFT guidelines and
policies, time reporting, and assignment guidelines including job
responsibilities and salary. Assist departments with completion of
temporary job request requisitions. Facilitates the placement of
qualified temporary support based on the expectations of the
- Participate in various recruitment related events, workforce
development initiatives, and HR sponsored events as needed.
- Assists other team members during heavy recruitment times
and/or absences. Works cooperatively with all members of the team
to develop and implement staffing plans and activities. Identifies
opportunities for process improvement initiatives.
HR Business Partner
- Acts in the capacity of an HRBP as an advocate for temporary
employees in their designated areas, managing assignments,
providing guidance and coaching, interpreting policies, as a
liaison with other HR departments and, responding appropriately to
concerns and complaints.
- Acts as an effective problem solver, able to gather appropriate
data and diagnose the cause of the problem before taking action. If
necessary, develop alternative courses of action.
- Resolve routine employee relations situations pertaining to
temporary staff under his/her jurisdiction. Work with assignment
manager, BFT Manager and, if needed, central Employee Relations to
solve complex employee relations issues as necessary.
- Consults with and advised managers and employees on employee
relations issues for staff under his/her jurisdiction. This
includes but is not limited to policy communication and
interpretation, guidance on performance management, corrective
action and terminations.
- Acts as a liaison between employees/managers with benefits,
payroll and other functions for more complex questions.
- Provides sound guidance that results in a positive and
respectful employee relations environment in compliance with
federal and state laws and MGB policies.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot payroll issues and delegate as appropriate.
- Use/s the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions,
actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done:
Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment,
Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each
other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning,
Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork &
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 1-2 years previous experience with recruit and
- Must be customer-service oriented and passionate about staffing
candidates for a variety of temporary positions within Mass General
- Energetic, resourceful Staffing Specialist who enjoys the
challenge of working in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies
- Demonstrated success in recruiting temporary candidates.
- Demonstrated ability to partner with leadership at all
- Understanding of Employment Laws.
- Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint,
Excel, Word, Access) required. and/or PeopleSoft a plus. Ability to
work independently and proactively.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sharp business acumen and political savvy.
- Experience with or understanding of a matrixed
- Strong customer service skills.
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Boston , Bulfinch Staffing Specialist, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!