Managed Markets- Operations, Pricing and Analytics Government Pricing Manager
Company: Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc. is seeking an Operations, Pricing
and Analytics (OPA) Manager, reporting to the Director of
Government Pricing within the US Managed Markets OPA department, a
rapidly expanding function that includes Government Pricing (GP),
Rebate Operations, Reimbursement Policy Analytics and State
The Manager position within the OPA department is a new role in
our growing team. A successful candidate will administer
contractual obligations under the US Medicaid Drug Rebate Program
(MDRP) and Public Health Service Act (PHS), as well as Canadian
Rebate Programs and the associated reporting obligations. As a
member of the pricing and rebate operations team, you will support
data validation activities, administration of rebate operations,
provide accurate and compliant processing of payments of US and
Canadian Government rebates to our customers, and ensure that
payments adhere to all applicable requirements. This position will
also be a key role in supporting of activities such as rebate/cash
forecasting, government and customer reporting, process and system
improvements and implementations, and ad hoc analysis support.
- Key contributor with demonstrable knowledge and experience in
government contracting, pricing calculations and reporting
including Medicaid and 340B programs.
- Process claims to ensure accuracy and completeness of rebate
payments; minimize revenue leakage and interest on late payments in
a timely manner through collaboration with Accounts Payable and
- Negotiates effectively with external parties, including
government agencies on rebate and contractual obligations and/or
- Provides quarterly updates of rebate trends and variance
analyses and maintenance of KPIs.
- Set up and maintain programs/contracts within applicable
systems and applications. Validate contract updates for federal,
state, and supplemental rebate programs. Testing of program set-ups
and expected functionality with IT business partners.
- Assist in verification and reporting of quarterly pricing
activities, including source data reconciliation processes, 340B
pricing communications to our 3PL, distributors, and other relevant
external trading partners of annual FSS and quarterly 340B
- Works with cross-functional business partners on forecast and
accrual estimates, reporting, and dispute resolutions and
- Assists with special projects. Works closely with Data
Technology Engineering Teams (IT and/or external vendor) to build
the infrastructure and tools to support rebate dashboards and
analytical models. Optimize analytics and data for reporting and
analysis of customer rebate trending and insights.
- Establishes and maintains policies, procedures, and standards
in support of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements, internal/external
financial reporting processes, and government regulations and stays
abreast of CMS Medicaid rules and guidance changes.
Who you are:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Public
Policy, or equivalent working experience.
- 5 years of experience in Medicaid or Rebate Claim processing
with a pharmaceutical company and/or state agency or as a Life
Sciences Management Consultant, or equivalent combination of
education and experience.
- Experience with effective management of large datasets,
managing peak cycle workloads and contract administration
- Intermediate knowledge of Model N or Revitas/Flex Medicaid or
Flex Validata systems (or comparable contract and payment system)
and data query tools.
- Familiarity with relevant federal and state agencies, CMS
Medicaid rules, and state specific issues. Medicaid validation
rules and issues with 340B covered entities.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following
competencies critical to this role:
- Collaborator in an environment of openness and trust through
teamwork and self-accountability; offers support, training, and
encouragement to others.
- Applies experience, structured thinking, emerging knowledge,
and trends to help solve problems logically.
- Ability to prioritize and focus on activities that drive
- Consistently meets or exceeds objectives and goals.
- Track record of self-development and contributions to the
function's overall success.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and
non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants
without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or
expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under
applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United
States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified
individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable
law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with
the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the
position for which the applicant has applied should make a request
to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition
Keywords: Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc, Boston , Managed Markets- Operations, Pricing and Analytics Government Pricing Manager, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!