Grants Coordinator / BWH DOM Infectious Disease
Company: Partners Healthcare System
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Grants Coordinator will be part of a dynamic research
administration (grants management) team for the Infectious Disease
Division. S/he will work with Infectious Disease investigators and
post-docs with pre-award and post-award grants management. The
Division of Infectious Diseases is a semi-autonomous division of
the Department of Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital. The
division supports over $26 million worth of grant funded activities
each year. This Grant Coordinator position reports directly to the
Senior Grant Administrator of the Division. At present, this
position provides support to the PIs in the division. There are
currently 55 faculty members and more than 200 support staff. The
Grants Coordinator will also assist the team with grant-related
projects and reporting. This position works on a team of 3 other
Grant Administrators (including the Senior Grant Administrator who
manages the team) to support the needs of the division's research
This is an entry-level position to the Research Grant
Administrator career path. The Grants Coordinator will develop
basic grants management foundation and skillset to become a Grant
Administrator with the goal of advising junior-senior faculty and
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as primary contact and resource for post-doctoral research
fellows on pre-award and post-award grant management; provide
oversight of grant funding from federal, non-federal, foundation,
and government agencies.
- Pre-award duties include: interpretation of sponsor guidelines,
assistance with identifying funding opportunities and reviewing
eligibility, assemble administrative sections of grant proposal
applications (i.e. budget, justification, biographical sketch,
letters of support, etc.), timely submission of grant applications,
and preparation of Just-In-Time requests.
- Post-award duties include: monitoring of grant expenditures in
adherence to sponsor guidelines, compliance review, grant
close-outs, assist with progress report submissions, regular review
and maintenance of PI's Other Support pages, administer publication
compliance, generate financial reports and projections, etc.
- Meet regularly with researchers and post-doctoral research
fellows to review pre-and post-award tasks.
- Meet regularly with Senior Research Grant Manager to provide
status updates and progress of grant portfolio items and
- Engage as part of the research team in problem-solving, process
analysis, efficiency improvement, and financial analysis.
- Interact with external parties, departmental and central
offices to accomplish research goals and resolve grant issues to
include Partners Research Management, and Partners Research
- Attend virtual monthly BRISC meetings to keep current with
policy updates, regulations, research trends, and best
- Assist Grant Administration team with research-related requests
and initiatives impacting the entire Department, including:
o Run queries and distribute monthly reports from MicroStrategy
o Enter journal entries and cost transfers
o Develop instructional documentation of internal processes
o Collect information from stakeholders for metrics
o Create requisitions for purchase orders in PeopleSoft
o Contribute to website development
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Experience in healthcare, hospital, or academic environment
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal/communications
- Advanced reading comprehension with strong attention to
- Works efficiently and effectively on assigned duties.
- Highly engaged with enthusiasm for change; willingness to take
on new challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible in deadline-driven
environment that requires continuous monitoring of priorities and
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel,
Access and Internet applications.
- Highly task-oriented, self-motivated, and able to work
independently as well as in coordination with various teams.
Keywords: Partners Healthcare System, Boston , Grants Coordinator / BWH DOM Infectious Disease, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!