Company: YMCA of Greater Boston Inc
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Under the supervision of the Aquatics Director, this position is
responsible for guarding the pool, ensuring the safety of all
patrons, enforcing pool rules, and implementing the branch EAP as
needed. Ideal candidate will be detail oriented, ability to make
command decisions, and can maintain attention/focus for extended
periods of time.
Opening and weekends shifts available. Afternoon hours available
during camp season late June to late August.
- Prevent emergencies by scanning the pool in a continuous and
- Recognize emergencies or potential incidents and address them
- Know and activate the branch and pool EAP when needed.
- Perform assists or rescues as needed
- Provide care such as, CPR, First Aid, and Emergency Oxygen as
- Complete incident reports in a timely and effective manner
- Enforce pool rules. Handle issues as they arise in a
- Ensure a clean and safe pool environment at all times.
- When off the stand, assist with cleaning and testing of the
- Maintain a clear and consistent line of communication with all
- Participate in all branch safety and quality drills
- Attend all required monthly and yearly in-service
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to start of scheduled shift.
- Make sure all doors are securely locked when a lifeguard is not
on duty. Never leave the pool unattended.
- All change in hours will be in writing and signed by consenting
parties. You are responsible for finding your own coverage.
- Engage in active listening with members in order to build
relationships, understand each individual's goals and interests and
take the initiative to assist in the achievement of those
- Maintain a professional image and manner consistent with the
YMCA mission and goals at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Current Lifeguard Certification required. YMCA Lifeguard or Red
- Child Abuse Prevention (within first four weeks of
- Respect in the Workplace (Sexual Harassment Prevention)
- CPR, First Aid, and Emergency Oxygen Administration
- Passes a skills test prior to employment consisting of
- 300 yard swim
- Tread water for 2 minutes
- Sprint swim, retrieve 10lb brick, return to swim with
- CPR with AED, First Aid and Oxygen Administration skill
- Deep water submerged victim rescue
- Active drowning victim rescue
Skills and Competencies/Know How:
- Ability to develop strong relationships and communicate with
staff, members, parents and participants of all ages and
- Strong organizational skills and ability to keep accurate
- Work as an integral member of a staff team.
- Cantonese or Mandarin speaking a plus but not required
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Shifts vary, but may include early mornings, nights, and
- Physically and verbally able to interact with members and
- Must be able to scan the pool visually.
- May be required to sit or stand for extended period of
- At times, be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: YMCA of Greater Boston Inc, Boston , Lifeguard, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!