Admin Asst II - Administration
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Summary: Provides secretarial and administrative support for
the department. Involves extensive interaction with diverse
populations including the public, visitors, patients and families,
medical practitioners and medical center staff.
- Answers and screens telephone calls. Takes accurate messages or
directs call to appropriate person. Greets and directs
patients/families, visitors and staff. Responds to requests in a
timely manner and provides clear and accurate information within
scope of knowledge and authority.
- Types and prepares correspondence and documents according to
quality standards. Proofreads and edits materials for grammar,
punctuation and spelling. Drafts routine correspondence. Compiles
and distributes reports and other information as needed..
- Schedules appointments and meetings and maintains calendars and
schedules for assigned staff. Assists in preparation for
conferences, seminars and other department sponsored programs or
events. Receives, records and prepares related materials and
performs other related duties as assigned.
- Organizes and maintains department files, records and databases
following established procedures. Enters information from source
documents into databases and/or spreadsheets.
- Prepares, routes and tracks routine administrative forms and
documents. Routes materials for required authorizations and
monitors receipt by final destination. Communicates with other
hospital departments to resolve delays, problems and errors.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based
applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may
include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and
effectively in written English with internal and external
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and converse in
English to communicate effectively with medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of
standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the
ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work:Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to
improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas,
identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the
time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston , Admin Asst II - Administration, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!