Multi-Site WHS Manager
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Multi-Site WHS Manager will be responsible for partnering
with a regional operations team in our logistic network to execute
company policies and ensure to all applicable local and regional
regulations. By leveraging lean principles and tools like Kaizen
events, this individual will lead continuous improvement
initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our
processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for
The Multi-Site WHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build
trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change
through providing comprehensive risk assessments and data . The
Multi-Site WHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send
clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in
writing. This individual must instruct and train Operations Leaders
in company policies and help develop effective leadership. The
Multi-Site WHS Manager will assist and support the regional teams
in incorporating our standards at their sites. The Multi-Site WHS
Manager will be required to identify best practices and incorporate
these best practices into our standards to continuously improve
company policies. The Multi-Site WHS Manager must understand
systems, and possess excellent program and relevant , environmental
and ergonomic knowledge while demonstrating this expertise when
working with Operations.
Multi-Site WHS Manager Responsibilities:
- Be an effective manager and leader who is proactive and
challenges the organization to continually improve processes and
results without compromise.
- Provide guidance and oversight to ensure to all applicable
- the regions and sites' performance against published
requirements in policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for
the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
- Ensure record keeping and data integrity and provides
Operations with accurate reporting and to support business
- Deliver quality projects on time to Operations.
- Analyze and review weekly and monthly incident trends to
discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources
to areas where the risk is highest.
- Analyze Global Peer Review results and develop and implement
solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury
at other facilities.
- Maintain accurate recordkeeping practices and Global Database
entries to ensure to global standards and local regulations.
- the workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure
that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and
- Spend time at the facilities and seek input from Associates and
leaders on program improvement opportunities. Ensure open
communication on status of progress and resolution against these
- Work with both the operations team and the WHS team to reduce
injuries at the delivery stations.
- Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and
knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit
the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer),
and effectiveness of all required training.
- Review for effectiveness the deployed tools and revise to
ensure continual improvement.
- Partner with corporate and other regional field personnel to
leverage global and environmental best practices into NA network
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive
health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a
challenging and exciting work environment.
- 3+ years of increasing responsibilities in and/or environmental
programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations
- Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement
in an operational environment.
- Experience leading change in multiple site environments or a
- BS/BA in environmental, ergonomics or a related field
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
- Ability to develop and implement department goals and
strategies based on broader organization goals.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Boston , Multi-Site WHS Manager, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!