Job ID 181161BR Most Recent Date Posted 05/24/2021 City
Marlborough Country MA
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, by combining our vast resources
and investments we are able to dedicate ourselves to solving
mission-level vs. product-level customer challenges - together we
can anticipate more, move faster and make a bigger impact on the
The Global Radar Software Products Departments mission is to
provide world class Radar Software to be used in military systems
deployed at sea and on land. Our software teams employ an Agile
Scrum process to rapidly design, code, integrate and test
capabilities on a continuous basis into a mature solution for our
customers. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a
diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum
of modern computing languages and platforms
As a Software Engineer your mission will be to provide world
class Radar Software to be used in military systems deployed at sea
and on land. As a member of the Radar Software Product Line team,
you will provide impact to programs across the company's portfolio.
Our software teams employ an Agile software development methodology
to rapidly design, code, integrate and test capabilities on a
continuous basis into a mature solution for our customers. We
strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce
whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern
computing languages and platforms.
An advanced degree can be substituted for additional years of
experience as follows: Master's is equal to 2 years of experience
or a Ph.D. is equal to 4 years of experience. This position can be
filled in Tewksbury MA or Marlborough MA
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Develop robust and scalable software in C++ running Linux or
UNIX operating systems on a variety of computing platforms using
Agile development methods.
- Design, implement, debug and problem solve Radar Software
Applications while providing feedback to other team members.
- Help improve code quality by supporting software integration,
verification and performing code reviews.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to
our technology, algorithms and products.
- Work in a team environment with the product and design teams to
understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then
translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical
- Dive into difficult problems and successfully deliver results
on schedule along with other duties as assigned.
Qualifications You Must Have:
Education: BS or BA degree in a STEM degree including Computer
Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics,
Software Engineering, or related
- 2 plus years' experience in Software Engineering to
- Experience with C++ application code development and
- Experience developing software in a team based development
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance.
U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for
a security clearance
Qualifications We Value
Education: Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Software
- Radar domain knowledge
- Software development experience in a DoD environment
- Broad real-time, multi-threaded software development
- Strong Object-Oriented Design Knowledge including UML
- Experience in Agile development methods, including Scrum,
automated testing and continuous integration
- Familiarity with the following Software Tools: Rational
Rhapsody, ClearCase, Rational Team Concert, Jenkins, DOORS, Google
- Strong problem solving ability
- Active Secret Clearance
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career
journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total
rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation;
healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career
development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits
on offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work
schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and
child/adult backup care.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.