Principal Clerk & Typist
Company: City of Boston, MA
Posted on: June 12, 2021
This is a provisional appointment.
Brief Job Description (essential functions of the position):
Under the general supervision of an employee in a higher grade
within the Inspectional Services Department.
- Answers telephones and inquiries.
- Maintains files and records.
- Performs data entry.
- Prepares and mails outgoing correspondence or parcels.
- Prepares forms, files and reports for processing, storage, or
- Operates standard office machines and equipment.
- Involved in helping the public with zoning and building
- Works on special projects including, but not limited to, the
Housing 2000 initiative.
- Supports the City of Boston building permits process, board of
appeals process, and other divisional support functions throughout
- Performs related work as required.
Minimum Entrance Qualifications
- Applicant must have at least two (2) years of full-time, or
equivalent part-time, experience in office work, or any equivalent
in office work.
- Ability to exercise good judgement and focus on detail as
required by the job.
- Knowledge of office procedures, use of telephone consoles,
two-way Nextel and radio equipment, strong organizational skills
with attention to detail and the ability to follow through on
assigned tasks preferred.
- A multi-lingual candidate is preferred.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED.
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: AFSCME/RA-9
Hours per week: 35
Keywords: City of Boston, MA, Boston , Principal Clerk & Typist, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!