Company: Public Consulting Group
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a leading public sector
solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that
partners with health, education, and human services agencies to
improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston,
Massachusetts, PCG has over 2,500 professionals in more than 60
offices worldwide. PCG's Health practice offers in-depth
programmatic knowledge and regulatory expertise to help state and
municipal health agencies respond to regulatory change, improve
access to health care, maximize program revenue, improve business
processes, and achieve regulatory compliance. Using industry best
practices, PCG's Health team helps organizations deliver quality
services with constrained resources to promote improved client
outcomes. To learn more, visit http://www.publicconsultinggroup.com/health/.
Business Analysts are expected to play a staff role in a wide
range of work assignments that may include the following:
- Supporting project managers across multiple projects and
clients and working with various project teams.
- Providing daily client and project support either onsite or via
phone/email (as project experience and knowledge is gained).
- Supporting financial analysis and funding assessments for
various clients including cost allocation plans, cost reports, and
setting rates for public services.
- Learning PCG's web-based technologies and supporting the
project team through the customization process, implementation,
training, and ongoing operational efforts.
- Supporting proposal development teams, including writing
sections, coordinating efforts and preparing proposal
- Developing presentations for and attending
- Preparing and presenting written status reports. Supporting the
team completing assessment documentation and recommendation reports
- Conducting policy and other research to support the project
team and assist in preparing information briefs for both internal
and client-facing use.
- Defining, documenting, and improving business processes.
- Gathering and analyzing a variety of data, including both
financial and written policy/procedure information.
- Learning and performing tasks related to sales and
- Excellent organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Ability to work both in a team situation and autonomously
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze and
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, in particular Excel
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Ability to adapt to changing project demands
- Understanding of professional business atmosphere, including
professional communication skills
- Public Speaking and/or previous experience training/presenting
to large groups
- Prior travel experience (domestic or abroad)
- Interest in health and human services programs and/or Medicaid
- Cost or government accounting
- Software development and/or implementation experience
- At least a Bachelor's Degree is required. 2+ plus years of
relevant work experience in the fields of Healthcare, Government,
or the Consulting field.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a
culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our
employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring
each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of
employment regarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion,
compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff,
company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational
programs are based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and
individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic
origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical,
mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil
union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military
service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate
discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we
can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including
health, education, technology and human services industries,
Keywords: Public Consulting Group, Boston , Business Analyst, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!