Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Summary: Oversees and facilitates the daily operations of an
outpatient clinical practice with the commitment of providing
excellent customer service to patients, families and visitors.
Plans and organizes the work of support staff, coordinates and
prioritizes work flow, implements appropriate systems and
procedures to maintain service standards and acts as a resource to
clinicians and staff.
- Plans and oversees work assignments and schedules for front
desk and clinical support areas to meet daily operational needs.
Monitors procedures to ensure efficient processing of work
including time of service, referral management, pre-registration
and visit ticket entry.
- Monitors provider's schedules to ensure that staff maximizes
opportunities for efficient patient scheduling and timely patient
- Oversees referral management and billing processes and may
provide staff education. Act as a resource for clinicians and
staff. Provides regular revenue cycle and volume reports to
- Implements and oversees quality assurance processes and systems
in collaboration with the Manager/Director.
- Provides ongoing feedback to Manager regarding training needs,
staff performance and process improvement . May provide feedback to
Manager in the performance review process for staff.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience in a clinical/healthcare setting.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based
applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may
include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by
general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation.
May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate
complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied,
requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct
observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and
procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general
guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or
unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and
effectively in written English with internal and external
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in
English to communicate effectively with medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of
standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the
ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects
or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team
environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the
operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally
in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the
time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston , Practice Coordinator, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!