Save Job Job Saved
Welcome to Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, part of Beth Israel
Lahey Health. Lahey Hospital & Medical Center is a world-renowned
tertiary medical center known for its innovative technology,
pioneering medical treatment and leading-edge research. A teaching
hospital of Tufts University School of Medicine, the hospital
provides quality health care in virtually every specialty and
subspecialty, from primary care to cancer diagnosis and treatment
to kidney and liver transplantation. It is a national leader in a
number of health care areas, including stroke, weight management
and lung screenings, among many others. Lahey also helps to advance
medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health
About the Job
Position Summary: Under general supervision of the Process
Manager and Section Head, performs a variety of routine and
advanced MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) procedures in the
presence of a strong magnetic field while monitoring and
maintaining essential patient care and safety. Flexibility to work
overtime/cover other than assigned shifts and other sites as
needed. Holiday and on-call rotation mandatory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited
- Obtains and documents necessary patient information from
Patient/family/significant others and health-care providers
pertinent to the care of the patient. i.e. safety (Use of Magnetic
field), medical history for relevance of exam ordered.
- Completes assessments by utilizing medical record/radiology
requisitions/physicians orders to ensure appropriateness of
- Assess patient's condition/status ensuring ability of patient
to proceed with MRI exam.
- Document all pertinent information involving the use of Oral/IV
contrast in Department Log Book, and obtain accurate allergy
- Performs all MRI exams with 100% accuracy. Accurately follows
departments' clinical protocols, including but not limited to
- Begin and complete all MRI exams utilizing the RIS tracking
system with 100% accuracy 98-100% of time.
- Utilizes PACS modality work list with 100% accuracy; patient
demographics, accession number.
- Properly QC's MRI studies utilizing the PACS.
- Properly evaluates images for diagnostic purposes; recognizing
anatomy and pathology for need of an additional scan or
- Follows all safety protocols relating to Magnet safety with
100% accuracy 100% of the time.
- Readily and willingly contributes to the team approach to
provide optimal quality patient care/customer satisfaction by
working non-assigned shifts as needed and other sites.
- Maintains a clean and safe environment for patients/visitors
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission
Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description,
performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the
needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the
needs of the department.
- This position requires moving about on foot throughout the
department and hospital and from station to station. Position also
requires using upper extremities to exert force in order to push,
pull or drag equipment and/or transport patients. Position also
requires frequent bending, stooping and kneeling to position
patients. Position also requires manual dexterity in order to
perform manipulative skills such as turning dials and pushing
Education: Graduate of AMA approved Radiology Technology
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Registered by the
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) with (MR)
designation. BLS certified.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Candidate must be proficient in
Cross Sectional Anatomy, the use of MRI Scanners/power
injectors/venipuncture or in the absence of this skill the ability
to be trained to a level of competency. Candidate must be
proficient in Magnet safety.
Experience: Two years experience in a hospital setting. Good
working knowledge of PACS or in the absence of this skill the
ability to be trained to a level of competency.
Shift: Part-Time, Evenings
Beth Israel Lahey Health is an integrated system providing
patients with better care wherever they are. Care informed by
world-class research and education. We are doctors and nurses,
technicians and social workers, innovators and educators, and so
many others. All with a shared vision for what healthcare can and
should be. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining
top talent. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive workplace
that reflects the communities in which we work and serve. With a
team approach to care, we encourage learning and growth at all
levels and offer competitive salaries and benefits.