Overnight Security Officer
Company: HEI Hotels & Resorts
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Boston North Shore is a
conference center and resort located 19 miles north of Boston and
offers 363 well-appointed guest rooms and suites, 31,000 sq. ft. of
meeting and event space, a full-service restaurant and lounge, and
a newly rebranded waterpark. We pride ourselves on the little
details that have a big impact for our guests. That's why our team
members strive every day to bring each guest the special comforts
and acts of kindness that are unique to the brand - starting with
our signature warm DoubleTree cookie welcome. Be a part of
something bigger as we bring four diamond service to the Boston
suburbs and Create A Rewarding Experience for our guests and our
associates. We value U.S. military experience and invite all
qualified military candidates to apply.
Perform protective, preventative, safety and security related
enforcement functions touring hotel complex to ensure the safety
and well being of all hotel guests, associates and vendors.
Implements and monitors all related SOP's, Mission Vision and
Values in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with
emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats.
- Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing
stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and
identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable
conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two way
radio, bending, stooping and kneeling.
- Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of
guests, and assisting with door lock problems. Coordinate expedient
response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety
hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and
- Handle undesired conduct and potential violations of hotel
policy as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests,
associates, patrons and property. Requires grasping, lifting and or
carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage,
wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of
- Watch for suspicious persons entering, exiting, or loitering
around building. Conduct walk through observations of entire hotel.
Promote safe work practices.
- Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond
in a timely manner based on priority.
- Observe the security monitors for any unusual activity and in
the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the
supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
- Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property
including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location
of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all
- Can communicate well with guests.
- Must be willing to "pitch-in" and help co- workers with their
job duties and be a team player.
- Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, function
rooms, and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform
essential job functions for duration of shift with or without
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of
emergency situations with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling,
and walking significant distances between and within buildings on
the property with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods
weighing a maximum of 150 lbs. with or without reasonable
- Sufficient manual dexterity in hands with or without reasonable
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace. Ability to
perform duties within extreme temperature ranges with or without
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!For your physical and mental wellness we offer
competitive Medical and Dental programs through Anthem Blue Cross
Blue Shield as well as Vision insurance programs through EyeMed.
Our Vacation, Sick and Holiday programs are available for you to
rejuvenate with time off. For your financial wellness, HEI provides
a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child
Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our
401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our
'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional
incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: HEI Hotels & Resorts, Boston , Overnight Security Officer, Other , Danvers, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!