We are looking for a talented Senior Android Engineer to join
our highly dynamic and collaborative Mobile team. Our ideal
candidate is passionate, creative, curious about mobile technology
and will have experience of native Android platforms, including
Kotlin, Java, Android Studio, as well as object-oriented design and
The role is responsible for building the mobile software that
enables our digital care management platform, while providing
technical leadership that differentiates Wellframe's business
capabilities. We accomplish this by working closely with other
engineers, product managers, designers and data scientists.
Things you'll do
Translate user stories into software solutions
- Work closely with product managers and scrum masters to
understand the business problems.
- Collaborate with designers to ensure we deliver the optimal
- Validate design approach with other team members.
- Write automated tests to ensure code is of the highest
Deliver multi-year technology roadmaps
- Identify process, tooling and feature improvements that can
have a multiplicative effect on the engineering productivity.
- Identify new capabilities that can be unlocked by emergent
technologies or processes.
- Develop a multi-year roadmap for implementing technical and
- Lead delivery of large technology improvements.
Mentor Software Engineers
- Work closely with software engineers to guide their technical
and career growth.
Debug and fix production issues
- Participate in on-call rotations to make sure our systems have
exemplar uptime and reliability.
- Work with our customer support team to debug and fix bugs
affecting our users.
Demonstrate Wellframe's technical contributions
- Write blog posts and give talks at conferences to give back to
the technical community.
Skills and experience
- A B.S. or M.S. degree in any science or engineering field.
- At least 8 years of native mobile Android and iOS development
experience, including publishing commercial apps.
- Strong knowledge of Android custom native UIs, design
principles, patterns and best practices.
- Deep familiarity with Kotlin, design patterns, and SOLID
- Ability to write code that is well structured, idiomatic,
reusable, and easy to understand.
- Passion to benchmark and optimize, with a preference for
writing clean and elegant, test-driven code.
You're a natural fit for this position if
- You have a passion for keeping up-to-date on mobile trends that
can be leveraged for designing the infrastructure for our mobile
- You are comfortable and happy in a fast-paced, agile startup
- You are an effective communicator-proficiency explaining
technical problems and plans in person and in writing.
- You accept feedback with grace, and adapt to the needs of the
- You are comfortable mentoring junior engineers-approachable,
available, and able to listen.
At Wellframe, we reimagine healthcare relationships through a
new approach that uses high-tech to deliver the high-touch support
people need, when and where they need it. We call it Digital Health
Management. Our comprehensive suite of Digital Health Management
solutions for care management, advocacy, and navigation help
organizations forge more meaningful connections with members,
across their healthcare journey.
Wellframe was founded to counter a pressing industry problem:
the healthcare system has struggled to find ways to support people
in between care settings, at scale. We believe health plans are in
the best position to advocate for their members as they navigate
their health and care, but know that technology alone can't help us
achieve this ambition. That's why our team of physicians,
clinicians, public health experts, data scientists, engineers, and
healthcare industry experts ensure our patented technology works in
service of the person-to-person connections that make healthcare
Wellframe, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws,
rules, or regulations.
This posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee and any percentages listed are approximate. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be
assigned at any time with or without notice.