At Skillsoft, we are all about making work matter. We believe
every team member has the potential to be AMAZING. We are bold,
sharp, driven and most of all, real. Join us in our quest to
democratize learning and help individuals unleash their edge.
As Revenue Accountant, you will drive efficiencies in systems
and processes and support revenue recognition for Skillsoft's
worldwide business units. This position will be a critical member
of the accounting team and will be instrumental in ensuring the
proper accounting of routine and non-routine transactions. This
opportunity is right for a highly motivated self-starter to
contribute as a key member of the corporate revenue team.
- Review of sales arrangements identifying Skillsoft's
performance obligations and associated fees in accordance with ASC
- Participate in process improvement projects in collaboration
with cross functional teams.
- Assist in maintaining internal control policy and procedure
documentation in accordance with SOX standards. This individual is
also expected to assist in evaluation and test annual SOX
- Work closely with both the Legal department and Sales team to
structure customer deals while ensuring favorable business terms
that are in-line with the Company's revenue recognition model.
- Determine and analyze costs attributable to recorded
- Regularly meet and build relationships with functional owners
to create metrics, review performance and address business
- Prepare revenue recognition analysis in line with the new 606
guidance as well as revenue and deferred revenue account
- Assist in all revenue recognition matters with the external
audit firm for quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Provide timely and comprehensive responses to inquiries from
various department heads and functional owners (Sales, Finance,
Marketing, etc.) as they relate to sales arrangements.
- Assist in the preparation of revenue reports for the company's
Senior Management Team and Board of Directors.
- Create ad-hoc reports, analyses and metrics as requested by
members of the Finance & Accounting team, Sales & Marketing.
- Create and maintain databases necessary to support reporting
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- Experience in a similar capacity with a CPA and/or industry
- Experience working with a SaaS and/or Software Company.
- Extensive knowledge of GAAP and software revenue recognition
rules including ASC 606.
- Proven ability to initiate process change resulting in
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and working in a
- Ability to work independently with high attention to detail and
strong problem-solving skills while completing tasks on a timely
- Excel skills at a high level. Experience working with business
systems. Experience working with Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC) a
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, with
changing and sometimes competing priorities, and still meet
- Strong verbal and written communication, presentation skills
and relationship management.
Personally Accountable for Team Success. We unleash our edge
Confident Achievers. We are bold.
Intellectually Curious. We are sharp.
Adaptable, Agile & Resilient. We are driven.
Customer First. We are real.
MORE ABOUT SKILLSOFT:
Skillsoft delivers online learning, training, and talent
solutions to help organizations unleash their edge. Leveraging
immersive, engaging content, Skillsoft enables organizations to
unlock the potential in their best assets - their people - and
build teams with the skills they need for success. Empowering 36
million learners and counting, Skillsoft democratizes learning
through an intelligent learning experience and a customized,
learner-centric approach to skills development with resources for
Leadership Development, Business Skills, Technology & Development,
Digital Transformation, and Compliance.
Skillsoft and SumTotal are partners to thousands of leading
global organizations, including many Fortune 500 companies. The
company features three award-winning systems that support learning,
performance and success: Skillsoft learning content, the Percipio
intelligent learning experience platform, and the SumTotal suite
for Talent Development, which offers measurable impact across the
entire employee lifecycle. Learn more at www.skillsoft.com.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about us.
If this opportunity intrigues you, we would love for you to
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: We value the partnerships we have
built with our preferred vendors. Skillsoft does not accept
unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. All resumes submitted
by employment agencies directly to any Skillsoft employee or hiring
manager in any form without a signed Skillsoft Employment Agency
Agreement on file and search engagement for that position will be
deemed unsolicited in nature. No fee will be paid in the event the
candidate is subsequently hired as a result of the referral or
through other means.
Skillsoft is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer:
It is the policy of Skillsoft Corporation to provide equal
employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard
to race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, disability (mental or physical),
protected veteran status, genetic information or any other class
protected by law.