Company: Destination XL Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
GENERAL SUMMARY: This position is responsible for leading a team
of associates in meeting department production, quality, safety and
budgetary goals in a fast-paced fulfillment center environment.
This position serves as a role model to the staff in adhering to
and enforcing all company policies, procedures and safety
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for communicating and maintaining established goals
for productivity, quality, safety and budget within assigned
- Manage daily work priorities; associate assignments associate
relations issues, and training to meet changing operational and
business demands. Complete daily production and time and attendance
- Responsible for team development, training, coaching and
mentoring -- including but not limited to: attendance,
productivity, quality and overall performance.
- Responsible for managing and meeting the department
- Participate in the hiring of new associates.
- Handle all disciplinary issues, up to and including termination
in accordance with company policy and in partnership with Human
- Coordinate regularly with other Departments to achieve
- Develop new initiatives to improve productivity and reduce
- Anticipate the needs of the business by interacting with all
levels within the area to increase department performance.
- Assist other departments to complete special projects or high
- Complete special reports/projects as necessary.
- 2-3 years of front-line supervisory experience required,
Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Experience in a distribution center, supply-chain, or related
production environment required.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese or
Haitian/Creole a plus
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word,
- Must be able to work independently with minimal
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, time-management, and
conflict management skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates, peers, and
upper management, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to identify problems and develop solutions
- Ability to be a self-starter and a team player.
- Flexibility a must: willingness to move to another
department/site or to assist on other special projects.
- Knowledge of budget controls preferred.
- Experience with power lift trucks, material handling systems,
and warehouse management systems a plus
Keywords: Destination XL Group, Inc., Boston , Warehouse Supervisor, Other , Canton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!