As a Senior Security Engineer, you'll be joining a
highly-distributed team that is paving the path forward for our
team of more than 170 engineers to have early & fast feedback, and
tooling to aid them in supporting our customers needs in as secure
and robust a way as possible. You'll be part of a team at the heart
of CircleCI's business, which is responsible for build environments
used by thousands of development teams every day.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in the Security Team's on-call incident response
- Help guide the education of your peers across the organization
on security issues.
- Contribute to internal and external security outreach programs,
including writing blog posts and leading workshops.
- Respond to reports from security researchers, and coordinate
- Assist in tracking and prioritizing security projects.
- Implement, and create tooling & processes to assist all of
engineering in the creation of secure & robust software.
- Assist in particularly sensitive code reviews across the
engineering organization, in multiple languages.
Process makes you feel good. Mentoring is a primary reason why
you love your profession. Learning something new every day is
essential to your happiness. You are compassionate and genuinely
depending on the day. Leftpad is never far from your mind.
Does that sound like you? If so, here's the experience we're
- Security mindset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Calm under high-pressure situations.
- Five years experience writing code and operating production
- Web penetration testing and OWASP Top 10 experience.
- Experience working in a modern cloud company with Docker,
Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, AWS, and GCP.
- A willingness to learn Clojure and new languages.
- A focus on delivering high-quality code through strong testing
- Ability to manage customer demands and work with internal
stakeholders to solve them.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple, complex projects
CircleCI Engineering Competency Matrix:
The Engineering Competency Matrix is our internal career growth
system for engineers. This position is level E3. If you're not sure
this is you, we encourage you to apply. Find more about the matrix
in this blog post.
CircleCI is the world's largest shared continuous integration
and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where
code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps
tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has
unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their
code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and
BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release
better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global
remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture
Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top
Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital,
Owl Rock Capital Partners, NextEquity Partners, Institutional
Venture Partners and Sapphire Ventures.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative
Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion,
color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender
identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual
stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with
criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and
Level: Mid-Senior Level