Senior Business Systems Analyst
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Epsilon is the leader in outcome-based marketing. We enable
marketing that’s built on proof, not promises. Through Epsilon
PeopleCloud, the marketing platform for personalizing consumer
journeys with performance transparency, Epsilon helps marketers
anticipate, activate and prove measurable business outcomes.
Powered by CORE ID®, the most accurate and stable identity
management platform representing 200+ million people, Epsilon’s
award-winning data and technology is rooted in privacy by design
and underpinned by powerful AI. With more than 50 years of
experience in personalization and performance working with the
world’s top brands, agencies and publishers, Epsilon is a trusted
partner leading CRM, digital media, loyalty and email programs.
Positioned at the core of Publicis Groupe, Epsilon is a global
company with over 8,000 employees in over 40 offices around the
world. For more information, visit epsilon.com. Follow us on
Twitter at @EpsilonMktg.
Job Summary: The Senior Business Systems
Analyst is an emerging leader on semi-complex individual projects
for multiple clients or multiple projects for individual
clients. Typical client assignment would be on a tier 1 or
tier 2 clients, across verticals. With minimal instruction
and guidance, works on projects where analysis of business
processes, requirements and/or data is required. The Senior
Business Systems Analyst analyzes business processes, requirements
and data from various sources and utilizes this information to
develop and document requirements for projects. Exercises
judgment with standard practices, processes and procedures to
determine appropriate action. Develops strong
internal/external working relationships. Strong familiarity with
the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and ability to apply SDLC
concepts to their own work. May include project management
for small projects.
The Senior BSA is responsible for:
- Leads requirements gathering sessions with end users and
- Design appropriate solutions that solves client
- Documenting requirements based on the requirements gathering
sessions and aligned to the business needs.
- Documenting test plans and test cases and executing the test
plans and test cases.
- Supporting and troubleshooting solutions once those solutions
are implemented in a production environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Analyzes semi-complex business problems, needs and requirements
and translates those into written system and functional
- Works with developers and system architects to design and
document the details of automated systems and processes.
- Provides details to developers regarding what should be
included in the software, application, or product to ensure it is
included in the implementation.
- Configures system settings and options.
- Develops and documents test plans and test cases.
- Executes quality assurance, functional, system integration and
end to end testing; coordinates and facilitates user acceptance
testing with the end user.
- Provides production support for solutions that are in
- May provide consultation to users in the area of automated
- May participate in cross-functional linked teams to address
business or systems issues.
- May be internal or external, client-focused, working in
conjunction with the end client, Client Services, client vendors
and internal technology teams. May include company-wide,
web-enabled solutions and databases.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Leads client solution/requirements gathering sessions.
- Able to assess a situation, receive input from stakeholders,
and select an appropriate course of action.
- Able to independently assemble, analyze and evaluate
information, data and other supporting inputs and be able to make
logical recommendations and decisions based on those inputs.
- Able to clearly communicate and articulate, both written and
verbally, detailed specifications (overall project scope, business
and system requirements).
- Able to properly interpret customer needs/requirements, provide
guidance to the client based on those needs, and translate into
understandable written requirements.
- Able to create new requirement related documentation and update
existing requirement related documentation.
- Able to identify, quantify and articulate changes to
- Able to effectively serve as a liaison between client teams and
internal technical teams.
- Able to develop, document and execute test cases/plans.
- Able to articulate and document test results and defects.
- Able to lead, facilitate and coordinate user acceptance testing
with the end client.
- Able to manage platform intakes.
- Able to manage small projects.
- Able to define and document production support processes and
procedures for custom solutions.
- Able to direct junior BSAs and offshore production support
- Requires 5+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Associate or bachelor's degree preferred, or equivalent
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal
- Strong familiarity of the software development lifecycle.
- Able to apply the concepts of the software development
lifecycle to their own work and enforce the concepts within their
assigned project team.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Basic SQL skills and ability.
- Able to clearly present data and analysis to internal project
teams and translate technical concepts to non-technical
- Able to serve as a liaison between client teams and internal
Great People, Deserve Great Benefits
We know that we have some of the brightest and most talented
associates in the world, and we believe in rewarding them
accordingly. If you work here, expect competitive pay,
comprehensive health coverage, and endless opportunities to advance
Epsilon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Epsilon’s policy
is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on
actual or perceived race, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy),
marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
mental or physical disability, religion, creed, color, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression (including transgender
status), veteran status, genetic information, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Epsilon also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based
on any of these protected categories.
Epsilon will provide accommodations to applicants needing
accommodations to complete the application process.
Keywords: Epsilon, Boston , Senior Business Systems Analyst, Other , Wakefield, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!