Fleet Service Agent Part Time
Company: American Airlines
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Location: Logan Intl Apt (BOS-TRML)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 47848
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work
and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and
you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best
version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle
challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and
advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free
to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this
Fleet Service Clerks perform the handling of items on and off
aircraft, carts, containers, and trucks; transporting items between
terminals and aircraft; receiving, delivering, weighing and
documenting of cargo in a cargo specific facility (warehouse) or a
loading dock area.
The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the
TWU-IAM Collective Bargaining Agreement, and the starting pay is
$19.43 per hour
What you'll do
- Pick-up and delivery as indicated: mail at mail facility,
baggage in bag room; cargo at the cargo facility or staging
- Arrival and departure activities of aircraft including cleaning
aircraft windshield; pushing, towing and related guide person
- Reads and fills out legibly, documents and forms necessary to
the operational requirements of the airline. Includes ability
to perform data entry.
- The cleaning and servicing of aircraft interiors, including
cabin cockpit and lavatories; checking, handling, assembling,
removing and installing passenger service cabin furnishings and
supplies according to check list specifications.
- Transporting furnishings and supplies to and from aircraft
- External servicing of the aircraft including lavatory, potable
water, external electricity, air start, and preconditioned air;
includes checking all fluid levels.
- De-icing aircraft. May be required to work at heights while
de-icing of aircraft
- The filling of fuel truck from storage tanks, driving fuel
truck and servicing aircraft and ground equipment as
required. May require monitoring and maintenance of aircraft
fuel and oil tanks by taking stick readings and checking fuel truck
- Operation and maintenance of fuel storage facilities including
ordering and checking deliveries of fuel and oil. Assisting
in loading, unloading and racking both filled and empty
- May be required to operate a bus and/or forklift.
This position works outdoors in various weather conditions.
Due to flight operations Fleet Service Clerks work shifts that
include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends and holidays.
Click to see what it’s
like to be part of the Fleet team!
All you'll need for
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Lift, load, unload, and transport bags and cargo to/from
aircraft's, bag carts, and conveyor belts
- Must have knowledge of and ability to use basic computer
- People-oriented and highly motivated, with a positive and
- Good communication skills
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US
Customs security badges, if applicable
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive
background check and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and
- Ability to obtain jet bridge certification
- Must have the ability to pass the US Postal Service background
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and
your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily
flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health,
dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And
that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits,
flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of
yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all
the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the
workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are
available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee
Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars,
cruises and more
Feel Free to be
yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve,
inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce
at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are
focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers,
communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full
potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and
exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction
as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world
running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free
to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 47848
Keywords: American Airlines, Boston , Fleet Service Agent Part Time, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!