Data Scientist II
Company: HGI Homesite Group Incorporated
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Homesite Insurance was founded in 1997 and was one of the first
companies to enable customers to purchase home insurance directly
online, during a single visit. Since then, we've continued to
innovate rapidly to meet the needs of our customers and their
changing expectations.One thing that's stayed the same since our
founding: our commitment to our customers, partners and
employees.Join us on our journey as we continue to grow into a
powerful contender in the field of insurance.Compensation may vary
based on the job level and your geographic work
Maximum:$186,000Homesite is an innovative national property and
casualty insurance company with a fast-paced environment.-- We're
proud to be part of the American Family Mutual Insurance Company
and the home for the Enterprise's Property Center of Excellence. We
support multiple products sold through a number of operating
companies and distribution methods, including offerings in
partnership with other large national brands. We seek a person
possessing analytical rigor, a sense of data and mad coding skills
with a desire to build a successful career in Data Science. The
primary role will be to grow profits through the development of
state of the art pricing and product plans. Additional
- Lead predictive modeling projects involving new rating
structures, recommenders and underwriting programs that increase
our customer lifetime value.
- Use statistical and machine learning/deep learning to build
supervised, semi-supervised and unsupervised models per business
- Work with fellow data scientists and developer teams to
translate models to business solutions and collaborate with other
departments in the company when necessary.
- Work with IT to help implement the models in production.
- Interface with stakeholders to communicate the value add of the
models being built.
- Extract, interact and clean data from a variety of structured
and unstructured sources.
- Contribution to all parts of the end-to-end machine learning
life cycle: data engineering, data preparation, model development
and evaluation, model deployment, model monitoring.Requirements:
- Master's degree or higher in Statistics, Machine Learning,
Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Physics or other
- Solid understanding and experience applying machine learning
and statistical methods in a production environment.
- Solid understanding and experience best practices in coding,
code organization, unit testing, data transformation, imputation,
model selection, evaluation, and tuning.
- Solid understanding of AWS and/or GCP.
- Prior experience of one version control system, preferably Git
- Mastery of the command line is preferred.
- Proficiency in programming with Python or R and SQL is
- Prior experience with GLMs, tree-based models (decision trees,
gradient boosting, random forest) and Bayesian modeling is a
- Experience with Docker is a preferred.
- AWS or GCP certifications are a plus.
- Prior experience with H2O is a plus.
- Experience with deep learning is a plus.
- Prior experience with NoSQL (e.g., ElasticSearch, MongoDB)
databases are a plus.
- Exposure to KubeFlow and Vertex AI are a plus.
- Knowledge of Go, Java or Scala is a plus.When you work at
Homesite you can expect benefits that support your physical,
emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will have access to
comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing benefits that
enable you to take care of your health. We also offer a competitive
401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual incentive, and a
paid-time off program. In addition, our student loan repayment
program and paid-family leave are available to support our
employees and their families. Interns at Homesite are eligible for
the paid time off program. Contingent workers are not eligible for
American Family Enterprise benefits.Stay connected: Join Our
Enterprise Talent Community!
Keywords: HGI Homesite Group Incorporated, Boston , Data Scientist II, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!