User Support Specialist - 100% Remote
Company: Considine Search
Posted on: January 16, 2022
User Support SpecialistBoston, Hartford, New York, Orange
County, Providence, or Washington DCReports to: Manager of User
SupportSummaryThe User Support Specialist will provide customer
service support and technical/informational assistance to all users
of the Firm systems in all onsite and remote locations. This
position works as part of a team and takes first level inquiries
from users of all levels of experience and priority. Each inquiry
is met with the highest level of customer service and competence
and follows a prescribed lifecycle which may include immediate
resolution or escalation within the Information Technology
- Coverage of User Support phones and inbox providing first line
of support for user's firm-wide on all applications, hardware and
- Keeping users informed of status and changes to open issues in
a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively with end users regarding
problems/questions and translate technical material for
- Excellent organizational skills for prioritizing projects.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft 365 and the Windows 10
- Ability to quickly learn new applications and upgrades to
existing applications; ability to understand procedures and
instructions for the specific applications on Firm computers;
assist with the documentation and resolution of issues that
originate in User Support. Receive and manage all support calls
through our Unified Call Center.
- Enter all calls into our call tracking system, monitor assigned
calls, provide ongoing progress reports to users and issue weekly
reports on completed and outstanding calls.
- Perform root cause analysis and develop resolutions to common
issues - enabling immediate issue resolution for future related
calls. Document and share all resolutions with team members and
others within IT as appropriate.
- Perform information gathering and troubleshooting details prior
to escalating calls - providing sufficient technical detail for 2nd
and 3rd levels to resolve.
- Monitor support calls forwarded to outside vendor support
services from User Support. Ensure proper escalation of calls when
required, record all service numbers, trouble ticket numbers and
other pertinent service information.
- Respond to, research and resolve incoming questions in a timely
manner specified within the service level agreement.
- Keep track of common training issues and escalate to IT
- Assist in developing and refining User Support Standard
- Provide constructive feedback to management on ways to increase
efficiency within the support center and increase customer
satisfaction. Escalate problematic issues and incidents to
- Work with other IT Staff as directed.
- Assist IT Training with new-hire orientation as well as
training set up and web meeting scheduling as needed.
- Participate in IT projects as directed by the Manager of User
- Two to four years of experience with Microsoft 365 including
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, as well as Windows 10,
Citrix, VPN and iManage (or comparable document management
- Experience with supporting video conferencing, online meetings,
screen share, and webinar platforms like Webex, Microsoft Teams and
- MOS certifications in Word, Outlook and Excel preferred, but
- Two to four years of experience in a User Support environment
providing direct end user support on application suites run in a
networked environment. Law firm or applicable legal experience
- Knowledge of PC hardware components, printer components and
Windows 10 configuration and diagnostic utilities.
- Outstanding personal communication skills - both written and
oral, a customer service-oriented attitude, a professional phone
demeanor and the ability to deal with multiple tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to be
self-directed on specific assignments.
- Willingness to work overtime, participate in after-hours
coverage rotation and contribute to IT department projects as
Keywords: Considine Search, Boston , User Support Specialist - 100% Remote, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!