Legal Counsel - Commercial Banking
Company: Santander Holdings USA Inc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Legal Counsel Banking and Finance Attorney provides day-to-day
leadership and advice to various businesses within Santanders
Commercial Bank, including Loan Syndications & Acquisition Finance,
Commercial Lending, Supply Chain Finance, Equipment Finance,
Government and Not-for-Profit Banking, International Banking and
Transaction Banking, including Cash Management, Payments and
Deposits. Key Responsibilities:
- Draft, review and negotiate relevant legal documentation.
- Manage legal issues and provide legal guidance to management
and relevant business lines.
- Interact closely with Credit, Compliance, Risk and Operations
departments to mitigate risk and ensure compliance with legal and
- Provide specific advice on relevant laws, rules, regulations
and regulatory guidance.
- Participate in industry groups to say abreast of market, legal
and regulatory developments.
- Ensure compliance with internal governance.
- Act as legal/technical expert providing advice, insights and
solutions to clients and consultants on applicable legal/technical
and compliance issues affecting strategies, programs, plans (design
and operations) and practices.
- Analyze key policy, legislative and legal developments and
issues, and share advice, insights and solutions with internal
business and functional clients.
- Research relevant legal issues and technical and industry
- Review current developments in the area of legal/technical
expertise, prepare complex technical analyses and develop advice,
insights, and solutions.
- Act as a subject matter expert while providing leadership,
guidance, and mentorship to other team members.
- Assist with the coverage of other Commercial businesses and
contribute to Firmwide and Legal Department projects and
initiatives.At Santander, we value and respect differences in our
workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We
encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree, Law / J.D. degree, and active license to
practice law in New York, Massachusetts or another state within the
banks geographical footprint.
- 4-9 years experience practicing law in financial services
and/or law firm.
- Entrepreneurial mindset to support a dynamic and growing
- Ability to articulate and relay information in an effective and
- Ability to build strong relationships internally and
- Ability to coach and guide others.
- Ability to define problems and collect relevant
- Ability to develop strategy and tactics for complex, high
- Ability to effectively, efficiently and calmly manage multiple
- Ability to present information clearly and effectively in
written and oral form.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidential information.
- Team player with a desire and aptitude to work in a
collaborative environment on a team of high-performing legal
- Excellent drafting, negotiating and counseling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to provide
sound, clear legal advice to senior executives and other senior
- Expertise handling government and regulatory inquiries and/or
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Strong ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Strong sense of urgency with the ability to meet deadlines.
Primary Location:Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Organization:Santander Bank, N.A.
Keywords: Santander Holdings USA Inc, Boston , Legal Counsel - Commercial Banking, Other , Mattapan, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!