Research Associate: Biology
Company: Scorpion Therapeutics
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Scorpion Therapeutics is a precision oncology company founded in
February 2020 by a preeminent group of scientists from Harvard
University/Massachusetts General Hospital - Keith Flaherty, MD,
Gaddy Getz, Ph.D. and Liron Bar-Peled, Ph.D. The company has raised
$270M in Series A and Series B financings led by blue-chip
investors, including Atlas Venture, Boxer Capital of Tavistock
Group, EcoR1 Capital, LLC, Omega Funds, and Vida Venture. Scorpion
Therapeutics' mission is to serve oncology patients by discovering
and developing best-in-class and first-in-class, small molecule
cancer medicines that address large patient segments with
significant unmet medical needs. To accomplish this mission, we are
building a highly collaborative team focused on the pursuit of
novel approaches to small molecule drug discovery. This approach
relies upon dynamic collaboration between cancer biology,
proteomics, informatics, structural biology and medicinal chemistry
- with the ultimate goal of realizing the full potential of
targeted/precision oncology. We are seeking a highly motivated
research associate to join our dynamic biology drug discovery team.
This candidate will serve a critical role in establishing and
running cell-based assays to inform target biology and help drive
our small molecule drug discovery programs. This position is ideal
for a talented, highly motivated and results driven individual who
will thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, start-up environment. KEY
- Designing and executing experiments to inform target biology
using a variety of approaches, including cell line engineering,
analysis of signaling pathways, and characterization of cell death
- Developing and executing high throughput cell-based
- Designing and conducting mechanism of action studies on small
- Developing in vitro and in vivo pharmacodynamic readouts for
novel oncology targets.
- Genetic manipulation of cells utilizing knockdown or knockout
and over-expression of proteins for target validation.
- Using decision making, organizational and communication skills
to effectively collaborate with colleagues in biology,
chemo-proteomics, and medicinal chemistry.
- Documenting and presenting data, findings, and experimental
conclusions at various venues, including project team, department,
and company PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS/MS in Biology or a related field, with oncology experience
preferred but not required.
- 1-3 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- A deep and broad understanding of cell culture, assay
implementation, and data processing with excellent scientific
- Prior experience with cell line genetic manipulation (e.g.
CRISPR) is a plus.
- Commitment to the highest-quality research with outstanding
organizational abilities and scientific execution.
- A highly engaged, self-starter who is creative, innovative,
communicative and possesses both a collaborative and
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment,
while employing tact, patience, diplomacy and a collaborative
- The desire and ability to contribute to teams working on
challenging scientific problems and first-in-class
- A strong record of achievement, including contributing to drug
discovery programs and publications is highly desirable.
- Outstanding decision making, organizational and analytical
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Scorpion
Therapeutics Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to
create and maintain a diverse working environment. We do not
discriminate for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national
origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status,
disability, or any other legally protected status. Beginning
October 13, 2021, Scorpion Therapeutics requires all new hires to
be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unable to receive
the vaccine due to a disability or serious medical condition, or
because of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an
opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: Scorpion Therapeutics, Boston , Research Associate: Biology, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!