Principal Scientist - Assay Development - molecula
Company: InnoTech Staffing
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionInnoTECH Staffing is looking to hire a Principal
Scientist, Assay Development for an exciting molecular diagnostics
start-up in the Boston area.
Summary/ObjectiveOur client, an exciting new diagnostic company
based on next-generation CRISPR and Synthetic Biology technology
platforms, is seeking an outstanding Assay Integration Principal
Scientist to develop and launch molecular diagnostic products. The
successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and
execution of research and development activities that enable the
integration of sample preparation and synthetic biology processes
onto point-of-care consumables and platforms. In addition, the
successful candidate will help drive the innovation of the platform
and translate improvements into new products.
- Development of novel molecular diagnostic assays using
innovative CRISPR based techniques
- Integrate assays into point-of-care platforms and
- Independently plan, design, optimize and execute
- Conduct feasibility, development and late-stage product
- Assess the compatibility of various materials with company's
biochemistry and detection strategies
- Develop reagents within design control process and manage
- Oversee critical reagent development, validation, and transfer
- Provide data summaries, written reports and oral presentations
to internal and external teams
- Interface with molecular and engineering teams to develop novel
- Inventive, with ability to implement ideas in the
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting capabilities
- Technical proficiency in biochemistry and molecular biology
techniques, including hands-on experience with nucleic acid
amplification techniques (PCR, SDA, LAMP, RPA, TMA)
- Perform high level analysis of experimental results, DOE
(JMP/Minitab) experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player with a positive
- Commitment to achieving goals and adhering to
- Communicating with Impact
- Decision Making & Problem Solving
- Taking Initiative and Follow-up
- Planning and Organizing
- Building Effective Partnerships
- Technical Skills/Professional Knowledge
- Project Management
- Coaching and DevelopmentRequired Education and Experience
- PhD in Bioengineering or Life Sciences with a minimum of 8
years of industry experience, or M.S. in Bioengineering or Life
Sciences with minimum of 11 years industry experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of cell and molecular biology and
biochemistry with the technical aptitude to learn different
scientific applications quickly.
- Experience integrating sample preparation or molecular assays
into IVD consumables.
- Industry experience in IVD product development, preferably
point of care.
- Strong background in assay development, including nucleic acid
- Excellent communication skills, creative problem solver in
technical areas. Preferred education and experience
- Work with clinical samples using molecular diagnostic
- Experience developing lyophilization formulations and protocols
for enzyme-based assays.
- Experience with isothermal nucleic acid amplification
- Experience with 510k submissions.
- Management of external collaborators.
- Project management experiences a plus.
- Prior experience with managing a small team.Salary is up to
$200K plus bonus and stock options and full benefits package
Keywords: InnoTech Staffing, Boston , Principal Scientist - Assay Development - molecula, Other , Brighton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!