Posted on: May 16, 2022
Seeking a highly energized and creative Sweater Designer, who
will create and execute on the vision of the Chief Creative
Officer. Strong eye for trend, femininity, and color are important.
The ideal candidate will have strong communication, collaboration,
and organization skills with the ability to design from concept to
finish amongst a tight knit team.
The Sweater Designer will be an integral member of the design and
development function, and will be working in a fast paced,
flexible, and collaborative environment.
The Sweater Designer will report to the Senior Director of
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the research, design and development of
silhouettes in knits
- Responsible for yarn sourcing and swatch development
- Develop brand-appropriate sweaters in line with seasonal concepts
and color palettes. Design with entire collection in mind.
- Form and compose outfits, ensuring that a capsule point of view
and pairings remain critical. Must have a high comfort level
visually communicating these ideas and concepts.
- Sketch and present concepts based on design direction
- Set up tech packs, own the bill of materials, and communicate
design details to technical design team
- Participate in fittings, while updating design details and
sketches as needed
- Organization and upkeep of swatches and archives
- Participate in, and champion creative collaboration across the
- Drive and manage the creative process to deliver projects on time
and on budget; track and manage multiple project timelines in
various stages of completion to ensure all timelines are met.
- Ensure creative output is consistently brand appropriate
- Manage the design and development process from concept through
final proto/sample, including but not limited to flat sketch,
initial spec, tech packs, trim details and production fit
- Image retouching as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 4 year degree in Design or related field
- 3 - 5 years of sweater design experience, high level of
proficiency in sweaters and knitwear
- History of contributing innovations within a collaborative
- Knowledge of yarn and knit construction and finishes
- Adept at understanding yarns; how to color top dyes and yarn
- Strong understanding of garment construction
- Confident sense of style, silhouette and color
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer knowledge in PLM, Photoshop/Illustrator
- Strong attention to detail, with powerful organizational, time
management, and presentation skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast paced
- Well organized, problem solver with a positive can do
- Ability to motivate, lead and work well cross functionally
- Potential for International and domestic travel
Keywords: NIC+ZOE, Boston , Sweater Designer, Other , Natick, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!