Water Taxi Captain (25 Ton)
Company: Alcatraz Cruises
Posted on: May 16, 2022
City Experiences is seeking a Water Taxi Captain for our Boston
Harbor City Cruises operation.
City Experiences' passion is to provide amazing experiences on land
and water. Our 40-year success through organic growth and
acquisitions has resulted in a portfolio of over 25+ brands that
welcome upwards of 30 million guests/riders annually. If you're an
enthusiastic team player who thrives in an environment where
communication, creativity, and cooperation are encouraged, this may
just be the opportunity for you.
About the Opportunity:
Our BHC Water Taxi operation provides efficient, courteous, and
safe water transportation service within Boston's inner harbor,
picking up and dropping off guests at approximately 16 different
docks that serve hotels, residences, businesses, and Boston Logan
Airport. We carry passengers to the Seaport District, downtown
Boston, Charlestown, East Boston, and more, all done on an "on
call" basis, with several intersecting routes.
This person will be adaptable, dynamic, and embody City
Experiences' RESPECT Service System.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Safely operate BHC's Water Taxi vessels, which range in
capacity from 21 to 40 passengers.
- Demonstrate excellent boat-handling skills and familiarity with
standard marine safety procedures and drills.
- Possess a familiarity with Boston's inner harbor and the basic
geography of the surrounding area.
- Run on-board transactions with our point-of-sale system, such
as scanning e-tickets and processing credit card sales.
- Interact with guests in a friendly and helpful manner, giving
directions to hotels, attractions, and other points of interest
that are located near the docks.
- Maintain an immaculate vessel, cleaning the boat throughout the
day, and leaving it in excellent condition at the end of a
- Familiarity with diesel engines is a big plus, as is having the
ability to trouble-shoot technical and mechanical issues as they
- Communicate clearly, courteously, and effectively with other
team members: with fellow captains, dispatchers, operations
managers, and engineering technicians.
- Additional job duties as assigned
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Minimum 25-ton captain's license.
- Transportation Workers Identification Credential or TWIC
- Marine Radio Operator Permit.
- CPR / First Aid Certificate.
- Detail Oriented.
- Good radar skills.
- Knowledge of Boston Harbor and the surrounding
- Strong focus on safety and teamwork.
- Ability to provide courteous and engaging service to
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job (standing for
long periods of time, lifting heavy loads of up to 40 pounds, be
exposed to environmental conditions for long periods of
- Will be required to work minimum one weekend day (ability to
work both a plus), evenings and on all major holidays.
- Must be able to work through Labor Day, preferably until the
end of October.
The RESPECT Service System embodies City Experiences' mission,
vision, values and operating principles. By creating a company
culture that puts RESPECT at its core, we believe it will drive us
to achieve our goal of becoming a Global Experiences and
City Experiences is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We prohibit discrimination and
or/harassment of any type, including but not limited to
discrimination and or harassment based upon race, religion,
religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, age, pregnancy or relation medical conditions,
childbirth, breastfeeding, parental status, veteran and/or military
status, disability (physical or mental) medical condition, genetic
information or characteristics, political affiliation, domestic
violence survivor status, marital status, or other characteristics
prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Additional, City
Experiences participates in the E-Verify program in certain
Pursuant to applicable State and local laws, including but not
limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will
consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
Keywords: Alcatraz Cruises, Boston , Water Taxi Captain (25 Ton), Other , Hingham, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!