College Admissions Counselor
Company: Knovva Academy
Posted on: June 26, 2022
was founded by impassioned and motivated educators with a mission
to inspire the next generation of world leaders. Knovva prepares
students for success in the 21st century by introducing them to the
world using programs that blend a traditional curriculum with
hands-on experiential learning and online coursework. Knovva's
mission is to enhance educational opportunities and strengthen
21st-century skills for students on a global scale by leveraging
successful partnerships with premier educators, leading businesses,
and communities around the world. Knovva is seeking engaging and
dynamic educators to join our college admissions team. They must
possess the ability to motivate others and help them acquire the
knowledge and learn the skills needed to achieve their highest
potential score. The test-prep program is designed to prepare
students to be well-equipped with the necessary academic skills and
knowledge to stand out and further their education. Job
TitleCollege Admissions CounselorEmployment
TypeContractorLocationBoston, MA/RemoteJob Duties The College
Counseling division of Knovva Academy is a boutique, personal,
full-service college application service offering customized
college planning solutions for students and families. At Knovva,
our college counselors help students explore their college and
career options. College counselors assist students as they consider
their priorities for their experience in college. Counselors
support students in researching options and ensure they complete
all the necessary steps in the college application process.
- Consultations: Plan and implement one-on-one private meetings
between each student and a college counselor, which will be ongoing
throughout the application process.
- College selection: Using data-driven metrics, help to match
students with the ideal college for them.
- College essay support: One-on-one session involving multiple
rounds of drafting and editing.
- Interview practice and techniques: Mock interviews, practice
with different styles of interviewing and how to handle them.
- Webinars: Plan and deliver webinars on topics such as Applying
Early or How to Write a Personal Statement.
- Personal college planning schedule: Using College Planner Pro,
the counselor helps families chart the course of the application
year, including deadlines for standardized tests, college
application due dates, and more. Qualifications
- BA or M.Ed in Education or related field from a regionally
accredited college or university
- Familiarity with the college counseling process and the
requirements to get into top schools
- Support students' ability to write compelling essays by helping
with technical writing or background information in the student's
- Experience with top-tier colleges and high schools (as a
student and/or as an educator) preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in an international and multicultural
- Extensive experience in college admission process or attendance
at a high-level college or university with high admissions
- Background in STEM fields is preferredCompensation
- Knovva Academy offers a competitive salary and benefits that
are commensurate with experience and education.
- Our HR department will have a further discussion with the
candidates to decide the compensation. Location of InterviewWe can
conduct the interview either at our Boston, MA, office or remotely.
Our Boston office is located at: 24 School Street, Second Floor,
Boston, MA 02210We also offer options to conduct this interview on
Skype/Zoom. For more information, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in this opportunity,
please send your resume and a cover letter (optional).
Keywords: Knovva Academy, Boston , College Admissions Counselor, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!