Posted on: June 26, 2022
We are a mission-driven, corporate education platform,
redefining how organizations deliver training content to
employees.We help organizations build more impactful leaders in
their ranks with our innovative delivery on topics such as
DE&I, Leadership Training, Negotiation, Storytelling, and more.
Electives' programs make workforces stronger and more empathetic,
and help companies create winning cultures. If you are interested
in helping to change the way companies nurture and promote their
most valuable asset, people...keep reading.At Electives, our
mission is to build an innovative training curriculum that
employees will love, taught by people they'll never forget. We
serve a portfolio of global partners, and are building a new kind
of Learning and Development (L&D) and Diversity, Equity &
Inclusion (DE&I) platform to connect employees to unique
teachers - from Olympians, to FBI agents, to professors and social
justice advocates. We believe that great teachers can be
life-changing, and we help organizations embed these life-changing
moments into their culture.Electives is backed by top investors,
including G20 Ventures, Accomplice, Boston Seed, and Bertelsmann
Media.Why Join Us?
- Create meaningful impact: Our team has an ambitious vision to
change how we think about learning as adults and how we can shape
the future of workplace culture.
- Play a founding role: As one of our first twenty (20)
employees, and the first hire for the User Experience team, your
ideas, passion, and output will become part of our core DNA.
- Get compensated: We provide competitive salary, performance
incentives, equity, and benefits (medical, dental, vision, life,
and 401K contributions). Electives will also make a donation to the
charity of your choice during your first week.
- Spend more time with loved ones: Paid and flexible vacation,
time-off, sick, and parental leave policies, alongside a
fully-remote work culture, supported by a home office stipend.
- Access to unlimited learning: Every employee can take any
Elective at any point. We'll also provide a learning stipend to
learn and grow on your own.Role Impact:We are looking for a UX
Designer to join our team. In this role, you will play a critical
role working cross functionally with our engineering team and fully
supporting product development. You will be responsible for
creating workflows, interaction design, and information
architecture documentation and deliverables such as wireframes,
interaction design patterns, and clickable prototypes. A firm
understanding of user-centered design principles and of the latest
innovations in interaction design across devices and bridging the
offline and online experience will be critical to your
- Articulate a human-centered approach to design and be
comfortable going out into the world for inspiration. You
understand basic human-centered design philosophy, are comfortable
with ambiguity and want to push design methodologies.
- Clarify the needs, tasks, and goals of an audience and
translate them into creative concepts and functional flows that are
simple and elegant.
- Design and run sprints to test and solicit feedback from users,
identify key opportunities to meet client needs, and iteratively
build solutions with a rapid prototyping approach.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something
useful and valuable for our clients or stakeholders.
- Work confidently and flexibly as a member of an
interdisciplinary team tackling all parts of the design process -
including brief-setting, user research, concept development,
prototyping, executive storytelling, documentation and design
- Contribute to strategic decisions with the rest of the product
- Maintain leading industry knowledge on the technology, methods,
and trends in UX design.Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a designer for SaaS and/or mobile
- Experience with both consumer and business facing applications
is a plus.
- 3+ years' experience contributing designs to software
- Demonstrated experience with end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI)
- Experience with front-end programming.
- Working experience in application design, visual design,
- Extensive experience with a variety of graphic design and
interactive tools such as Figma, InVision, Sketch, HTML/JS/CSS,
Principle, Frame, and After Effects.
- Great visual communication skills.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills to contribute to
interdisciplinary team work.
- Demonstrated strategic product thinking and vision.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work in a fast- paced fluid
- Background in Interaction Design, Graphic Design,
Human-Computer Interaction is a plus.Electives is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value the
individual and diversity of perspective and believe that creating
teams composed of individuals from various backgrounds and
experiences is not only the fair approach, but the best approach.We
provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and consider qualified applicants with
criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and
local laws. Electives prohibits discrimination and harassment of
any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions),
national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any
other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
training. If you need any assistance with your application or
interviews due to a disability, please contact us.
Keywords: Electives, Boston , UX Designer, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!