Shelter Specialist - Transitional Wellness Center
Company: Bay Cove
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Bay Cove Human Services, Inc. a leading Massachusetts human
services organization, seeks a Support Staff to join us in our
mission to provide high-quality services to adults who face the
life-long challenges of mental illness, aging and substance use
disorder. The Support Staff will enforce policies and procedures of
the emergency shelter program, help maintain a safe environment for
the clients, and provide support in the framework of recovery. The
CASPAR program has built a comprehensive array of outreach,
shelter, stabilization, residential, aftercare, education, and
prevention services. We are looking for someone who strives to:
- Challenge thinking.
- Be different.
- Lead change.Bay Cove is looking for people who are inspired and
- Respond appropriately to any emergency situation.
- Oversee and monitor the proper distribution and intake of all
- Provide care for program participants and maintain order by
monitoring client activities, providing crisis intervention and
resolving conflicts, as needed.
- Maintain all safety and security policies and procedures,
including bed checks, building security, and fire safety.
- Maintain daily logs.
- Prepare food, plan, manage, and service on a daily basis, as
- Enforce all program policies and procedures as they pertain to
clients, and maintain protocols in the event of making spot
decisions relative to a client's health and safety, including
crisis interventions, referrals, and restrictions.
- Education - High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience - Knowledge of modality specific issues, such as
substance use disorder or homelessness
- Must be knowledgeable with the Confidentiality of Alcohol and
Drug Abuse Patient Record (Title 42CFR-Part 2)
- License - Valid driver's license.
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One
COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving
the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Keywords: Substance Use Disorder, Group, Addictions, Recovery,
Mental Health, Counselor, Case Management, Therapy, Care
Coordination, Clinician, Supervision, Social Work, Psychology,
Emergency Shelter, Homelessness
Keywords: Bay Cove, Boston , Shelter Specialist - Transitional Wellness Center, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!