Associate - Generalist Team
Company: Harvard Management Company, Inc.
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Associate - Generalist Team Tracking Code 426-964 Job
Description Formed in 1974, Harvard Management Company ("HMC")
manages Harvard University's endowment and related financial
assets. Our singular mission is to help ensure Harvard University
has the financial resources to maintain and expand its leadership
in teaching, learning, and research for future generations. The
endowment is managed by a highly experienced generalist investment
team whose members each take ownership of the entire portfolio,
regardless of asset class. HMC's operational structure brings a
wide range of expertise to our portfolio management. These
functions include risk management, legal, compliance, finance and
accounting, human resources and administrative services as well as
information technology to develop and implement the systems
necessary to support our investment activities.SUMMARY:The
Generalist Team at HMC has a singular focus which is the
performance of the overall endowment and all members of the team
take ownership of the entire portfolio. Importantly, the generalist
model is supported by a partnership culture in which the collective
team engages in focused debates about investment opportunities both
within asset classes and across the investment universe. The
Generalist Team seeks a highly motivated junior professional to
provide analytical, research and investment process support to the
team. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated record of
academic achievement, strong modeling skills, success working in a
team environment, and a strong desire to learn about institutional
investing. This is expected to be a three to four-year
position.SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate as an integral member of the Generalist Team by
supporting the senior members of the team on the full spectrum of
evaluating both prospective and existing investments and
- Provide analytical support across the portfolio, particularly
in the areas of:
- Monitoring and assessing existing portfolio investments
including performance, risk/exposures and news flow across asset
- Assist in new manager diligence by participating in calls and
meetings, researching the opportunity set, assessing the overall
performance and attribution of the manager and performing
- Examples might include: LBO modeling, comp analysis, return
attribution analysis, etc.
- Contribute to ad hoc research projects on different countries,
industries, markets and investment strategies.
- Further develop investment skills and contribute to the
investment dialogue among the Generalist Team.
- Provide general support to the team on day-to-day tasks.
- Excellent financial modeling (MS Excel) and quantitative skills
- Demonstrated passion for investing with some basic knowledge of
institutional investment management.
- Proactive self-starter with strong work ethic and professional
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (both oral and
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once with accuracy and
attention to detail.
- Team player who prioritizes success of the team over individual
- Willingness to travel, including outside the United
- Unquestionable ethical standards. Required Experience
- Demonstrated academic ability (BA or BS degree).
- Relevant internship experience OR up to 2 years in investment
banking, finance, consulting or investing.Other Details:
- The FLSA classification for this position is exempt.
- HMC will not sponsor applicants for work visas for this
- HMC has transitioned to a hybrid work model. Employees are
expected to be in the office from Tuesday to Thursday and remote on
- If you are a college senior, please provide your unofficial
transcript as part of your application.
- Start Date flexible through September 2022 Job Location Boston,
Massachusetts, United States Company Location Boston Position Type
Keywords: Harvard Management Company, Inc., Boston , Associate - Generalist Team, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!