Activities Assistant- German Centre
Company: Deutsches Altenheim
Location: West Roxbury
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionGerman Centre at Deutsches Altenheim located in
West Roxbury, MA, is a skilled nursing residence and post-acute
care provider that consistently delivers high-quality,
compassionate care while focusing on the development of innovative
programs and services that enable individuals to live as
independently as possible. We are seeking a part-time Activities
Assistant to join the Deutsches Altenheim team at German
Centre!Position Summary: The Activities Assistant works with the
Activities Director to deliver the recreational and social,
programs, in accordance with the resident's assessment and care
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing, and
evaluating the activity program
- Interview residents or family members to obtain activity
- Involve the resident/family in planning activity programs when
- Ensure that all charted activity progress notes are informative
and descriptive of the services provided and indicate the
resident's response to the service
- Assist in the development of and participate in regularly
scheduled orientation and in-service training programs that relate
to the activity department
- Assist in developing a written plan of care (preliminary and
comprehensive) for each resident's activity program that identifies
the problems/needs of the resident and the goals to be accomplished
for each problem/need identified
- Run Activities in the absence of other Assistants
- FaceTime and Zoom with patients and their families
- Monitor and escort groups during Music Concerts, patients
waiting for permanent placement, and to Activities on their
- Other responsibilities as deemed necessary and appropriate, or
as may be directed by the Activity DirectorSchedule: Part
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Therapeutic Recreation Certification preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in long-term care or
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement,
and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies,
procedures, etc. of the department.
- Must possess and maintain an unencumbered driver's
- Must be able to drive the community vans and assist residents
with transfers on and off the vans.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and be able to
relate professionally and positively to residents, family members,
volunteers, and facility staff.
- Must function independently and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents,
personnel, and support agencies. Demonstrates organizational skills
and ability to coordinate and plan.
- Must be able to make responsible choices and decisions and act
in a resident's best interest.
- Must meet the general health requirements set forth by the
policies of the facility which include a medical and physical
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems, applications, and
other office equipment.HP100 Employer Deutsches Altenheim conducts
extensive background checks and professional references for all
potential employees. You must be able to provide a recent physical
and required immunizations.Deutsches Altenheim is an equal
opportunity employer, veterans & disability. All qualified
individuals will be considered for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, sexual identity
or expression, genetics, national origin, age, disability,
pregnancy, political affiliation, veteran status or any other
status that is protected by local, state or federal law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: Deutsches Altenheim, Boston , Activities Assistant- German Centre, Other , West Roxbury, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!