Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Department Description: Shift for this position is Tuesay -
Saturday 11:00pm - 7:30am.
Maintenance employees are required to respond to emergencies such
as floods, power outages, etc during off shift hours if asked to do
so by department supervisors. Snow removal is also the
responsibility of the Maintenance Operations Department and all
Maintenance employees are required to participate in the snow
Maintenance Operations inspires a dedicated team of professionals
whose goal is to provide a well maintained, safe and appealing
facility and environment while meeting regulatory requirements. Our
main objective is to resolve problems and provide timely response
to meet our customers' needs.
We focus on providing a high level of customer service in order to
meet the needs of our patients, visitors and staff and the
community while gaining their respect by providing prompt and
efficient response to their maintenance requests. We continually
evaluate our activities and focus our attention on achieving top
performance in all areas of our responsibility.
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 47503BR
Job Summary: Provides general electrical maintenance, repair, and
installation of building electrical systems equipment. Ensures
scheduled maintenance tasks and repairs as part of the Maximo
- Ensures the care and proper use of hand and power tools and
building materials intended for the repair of valuable clinical,
research, and plant equipment including piping, controls and the
operation of institutional electrical systems.
- Performs the installation and maintenance of all electrical
wiring, devices, and components common to building operations.
Operates, installs, repairs, and maintains electrical equipment
such as emergency generators, transformers, switchboards,
controllers, circuit protection, motors, lighting, conduit systems,
and other current carrying equipment.
- Utilizes blueprints and specifications. Locates and diagnoses
electrical troubles. Estimates loads, requirements and materials
for repairs and installations.
- Performs general building maintenance, repairs, moves,
housekeeping, snow removal, or other work related to building
operations, as determined by the manager.
- Utilizes computer software to oversee and maintain Prieumatic
Tube System, Maximo System and other electrical monitoring
equipment. Required Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED required.
- License JOUR - Electrician required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Graduate of a High school or technical school, and
- Three to five years experience in industrial or institutional
maintenance, or institutional construction. Familiarity with
mechanical and electrical equipment associated with healthcare
facilities, blueprint reading, and electrical materials
- Massachusetts Journeyman Electrician License.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a
basic level within web-based applications. Competencies:
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by
general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation.
May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate
complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied,
requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct
observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and
procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general
guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or
unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in
English moderately complex information in varied written formats to
internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate
complex verbal information in English to medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of
concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in
complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to
improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas,
identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a
professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in
active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move
objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee
will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out
the hospital campus
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston , Licensed Electrician, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!