Patient Accounts Representative
Company: Charles River Community Health
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job DescriptionPatient Accounts
RepresentativeCLASSIFICATION/STATUS: Non-Exempt, Full TimeIMMEDIATE
SUPERVISOR: Patient Accounts ManagerSUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
None WHO YOU ARE: YOUR ROLE & IMPACTAs part of a dynamic team at
Charles River Community Health (CRCH), a healthcare practice
providing comprehensive and compassionate care to underserved
communities, the Patient Accounts Representative will play a
critical role in the seamless administration of patient accounts.
The Patient Accounts Representative will be responsible for
following perform charge processing, payment processing, denial
posting, insurance claims billing, and payment processing.YOUR
- Process and reconcile 835 files.
- Reconcile reimbursement checks with claims submitted.
- Collect and account for cash and other payments received.
- Follow up on insurance denials and takes appropriate steps to
- Input insurance billing information processes EOB's,
rejections, and re-billings.
- Understand account adjustments, corrections and write-offs to
bad debt and free care and input same into system.
- Understand set up of accounts receivable system in such areas
as insurance carriers, claim forms, and service codes. Inform
Patient Accounts Manager of issues or changes needed.
- Run insurance A/R reports and investigate status of outstanding
- Review and track encounter forms produced from the health
center's electronic record system.
- Approve and post encounter forms into the health center's
billing system including service codes, fees, insurance billing
information, patient co-payments, and supporting data for the
generation of claims to third party payers.
- Work collaboratively with providers to correct incomplete
and/or incorrect service and/or diagnosis codes and ensure
electronic record documentation is complete for billing
- Prepare and process patient bills and third party claims.
- Communicate discrepancies and the need for additional
information to the appropriate parties.
- Answer billing questions for patients.
- Answer staff questions related to more complicated payment and
claims processing situations.
- Maintain patient confidentiality when discussing information
regarding patient bills.
- Work collaboratively with other Health Center staff in meeting
JCAHO accreditation and other regulatory and/or funding
- Perform other departmental support duties such as telephone
answering and filing. YOUR QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, TRAITS
- Three years of medical billing experience, preferably in a
multi-service of FQHC environment.
- Understanding of the third party billing cycle and third party
payer reimbursement rules, methodologies, and adjudication
- Demonstrated understanding of and proficiency with the
functionality of practice management and billing software
- Knowledge and experience with NextGen a plus.
- Bilingual in Spanish and/or Portuguese strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, collaborate,
and problem solve across multiple functional areas and
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Word and Excel at an
- Proven commitment to providing patients with exceptional
customer service, with dignity, respect, and compassion.
- Commitment to our mission of reducing cultural, financial, and
linguistic barriers to care and eliminating health care disparities
for low income and underserved populations in our community.
- High school graduate or certificate program in third party
billing.WHO WE ARE & WHAT WE DOCharles River Community Health's
mission is to improve the health and well-being of the communities
of Allston, Brighton, Waltham and surrounding areas by providing
quality, compassionate, coordinated care that is patient-centered,
family friendly, and community focused. CRCH is a comprehensive
practice providing medical, pharmacy, dental, behavioral health,
optical, and vision services to diverse underserved local
communities. We are committed to providing patients with timely
access to the right care, at the right place and at the right time,
collaborating with other organizations to connect patients with a
comprehensive range of services and provide continuity of care, and
creating new community partnerships to meet the changing needs of
patients and the community. We value caring for everyone with
dignity, respect, and compassion, reducing cultural, financial and
other barriers to care, and eliminating health care disparities for
our patients. We also advocate for the needs of our patients, the
community, and public health causes.OUR PROMISEIf you are
passionate about providing access to quality and compassionate care
to the underserved, you will find your career rewarding and
impactful. As Patient Accounts Representative, you will be part of
a dynamic and fast-paced team with a shared vision to break down
barriers in delivering healthcare excellence!OUR BENEFITS & PERKS
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability , and Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tickets at Work
- Health Reimbursement Arrangement
- Travel Reimbursement
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Solid track record of developing and promoting employees
internally!Charles River Community Health is strongly committed to
diversity and a workplace environment that respects, appreciates
and values employee differences and similarities. By providing and
supporting a work culture that fosters and builds upon diversity
and its strengths, CRCH will better serve our local communities and
continue to provide quality patient care and services. CRCH is an
employment at-will organization and an equal opportunity employer
committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from
discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, national
origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age,
citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic
information or disability, as defined and required by state and
federal laws. Additionally, CRCH prohibits retaliation against an
applicant or employee because he or she has engaged in protected
activity under the statutes prohibiting discrimination in the
Keywords: Charles River Community Health, Boston , Patient Accounts Representative, Other , Brighton, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!