Clinical Supervisor - Radiology
Company: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Department Description: Schedule:
Monday - Thursday 12pm-10:30pm
Job Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Req ID: 46589BR
Job Summary: Under direction, the Clinical Supervisor directs the
performance of modality, and is responsible for the efficiency,
productivity and quality of work performed by assigned technical
and ancillary staff during own assigned shift. Works in
collaboration with multiple staff (Technologist, Radiologists,
Nursing, etc.) to optimize patient flow and influence patient and
- Prepares and maintains Radiology modality Staffing Schedule
including vacations and on-call, approves time off requests
according to modality's policy and procedure guidelines,
distributes schedules and posts on web. Coordinates coverage in
case of unplanned absences, including call.
- Oversees all aspects of the modality's staffing and day-to-day
workflow ensuring adherence to radiology and modality Policies and
Procedures. Is responsible for monitoring training of all new
personnel. Works in collaboration with staff to optimize patient
flow and influence patient satisfaction. Initiates changes of
resources to match workloads as effectively as possible.
- Reports problems within the site of service of the department
to the Clinical Manager/Director and Radiologist(s) on service.
Recognizes potential problems arising in any of the sites of the
department involving technical and/or personnel issues, and brings
to the attention of the Clinical Manager/Director as soon as
- Oversees system maintenance including arranging service time on
all modality equipment, ensures documentation of system downtime
according to divisional policies.
- Possesses intricate knowledge of RIS. Is capable of running
management reports, editing schedules, editing tech entries,
verifying accuracy of billing, booking exams, and reviewing exams
at each site.
- Prepares weekly payroll ensuring accuracy of hours. Provides
constructive criticism to technical staff to help develop skills.
Serves as mentor and staff resource. Influences and motivates
behaviors to achieve desired outcomes. Leads by example.
- Interviews and recommends hiring, promotion, termination or
disciplinary action for related staff, in collaboration with
Technical Manager, develops annual performance evaluations and
competencies. Conducts staff clinical competency assessments.
- Acts as a resource on behalf of the division in case of outside
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work
activities. Has authority to undertake or recommend the following
employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and
performance reviews. Direct Reports: 2-3 Indirect Reports:
- Assists in planning, monitoring and/or managing budget in
functional area of department.
- Associate's degree in Radiology or graduation from a
JRCERT-accredited program required. Bachelor's degree
- License American Registry of Rad Tech required., or
Registration Nuclear Med Tech Certification required., or
Certificate 1 MARadTech-Radiography required., and Certificate 2
Basic Life Support required., or RDMS (Reg Diagnostic Med
- 3-5 years related work experience required and 0-1 years
supervisory/management experience required
- Extensive knowledge of the modality is required to guide the
junior staff in performance of their duties. Demonstrates superior
technical competency and sustained excellence in modality and has
knowledge of new advances in the field.
- New hires will have 30 days to provide BLS certification.
Certification has to be with the American Heart Association
- Advanced technical computer skills as required for technical
support specific to functional area and related systems. Preferred
- For Ultrasound - Bachelors Degree in Sonography or Allied
Health preferred. Expertise in Ultrasound imaging including 3D
- For Nuclear Medicine - Advanced Nuclear Medicine certification:
Nuclear Cardiology Technologist, Positron Emission Tomography,
- For MRI - ARMRIT or CAMRT registered as an MR Technologist.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant,
broad implications for the management and operations of a major
department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on
overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad,
complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues
and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff
engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy
to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and priorities for
functional area. May make recommendations for department policies,
practices and programs. Manager or Director provides broad guidance
and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in
English moderately complex information in varied written formats to
internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate
complex verbal information in English to medical center staff,
patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of
concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in
complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects
or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team
environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the
operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer
service and staff training to meet customer service standards and
expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in
the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner. Age based
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to
the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6
months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60
years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or
up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and
employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of
Keywords: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston , Clinical Supervisor - Radiology, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!