Security Officer - Full time
Company: Hebrew SeniorLife
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job DescriptionWeekdays Mon-Fri. 6am-2:30pmTours assigned areas
on foot to ensure a safe and secure environment and to check for
fires, vandalism, suspicious activity or persons, and or
safety/fire hazards. Investigates and/or reports hazards, unusual
or suspicious circumstances to the Security Supervisor on duty or
Assistant Manager, Security.Responds to emergency situations and
requests for security assistance as needed in the facility and on
grounds. Assists local, federal and state law enforcement agencies
as necessary.Provides support as needed for emergency situations
involving medical staff.In addition, demonstrate a strong
commitment to the philosophy and goals of the mission of Hebrew
Senior Life and recognize patient/resident dignity and choice in
aspects of daily life. Work with team to meet all needs of the
facility by actively participating with the work and social
environment. Actively engage patients/residents/staff/visitors to
create a positive and meaningful experience while providing safe
and efficient quality of care.Core Competencies:
- *Must exhibit and foster outstanding customer service skills at
- *Must operate as a team player at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skill in observing situations and decision making
- Knowledge of basic security procedures and equipment
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Core CARE competenciesPosition Responsibilities:
- *Responds to alarms and security emergencies
- *Responds to requests for security assistance, including but
not limited to: door unlocks, escorts, alarms.
- Completes required activity logs, incident reports and performs
safety audits of the facility as directed by management or
prescribed in the post orders.
- Completes tours of assigned area as prescribed in post
- The above covers the most significant responsibilities of the
position. It does not, however, exclude other duties, which would
be in conformity with the level of the position. Completes special
projects as assigned.Qualifications
- High School degree or G.E.D. required.
- Strong customer service experience
- Prior security experience preferred.
- *Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- Obtain Non-Violent Crisis Prevention certification annually
once employed by Hebrew SeniorLife.
- Must be professional, proactive, collaborative, conscientious
and results-oriented individual. Must have an optimistic and
positive demeanor, excellent oral and written communication skills,
good intuition and able to adapt to changing priorities and display
good, sound judgment with a sense of humor.
- Superb organizational skills. Must have solid analytical
skills. Must be creative and proactive yet disciplined,
discriminating and able to streamline work volume in order to
maintain bottom line efforts in midst of multi-tasking and daily
reprioritizing. Must have ability to innovate, think strategically
and conceptually, manage multiple projects simultaneously and
handle even difficult situations.
- Must be motivated to learn and flexible to change.
- Must possess the ability to type 45 WPM.
- Computer literacy required; experience with databases, Access,
Excel, Powerpoint, Word and Windows O/S for data entry and
- *Must be able to lift, pull and push 50 (fifty) pounds.
- *Must be able to perform both interior and exterior tours in
all weather conditions.
- *Able to stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- *Able to perform extensive tours on foot of the campus.
- Please refer to the Physical Requirements sheets in
Occupational Health.Hebrew SeniorLife requires all employees to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their
employment. All new hires must be fully vaccinated, which includes
any recommended COVID-19 boosters, before their start date. Any
exemption requests for medical or religious reasons will be
considered on a case by case basis and must be processed prior to
any start date.Hebrew SeniorLife is an equal employment opportunity
employer. All employment decisions are based on merit,
qualifications, and competence and not influenced or affected by
race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry,
marital status, military status, veterans status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.Powered
Keywords: Hebrew SeniorLife, Boston , Security Officer - Full time, Other , Roslindale, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!