Telephone Operator - Per Diem, mornings
Company: Hebrew SeniorLife
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job Description*MUST have availability to cover shifts Monday
through Friday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm or 2:30 pm - 11:00 pmThe telephone
operator will be responsible for operating the main telephone
switchboard in Hebrew Rehabilitation Center's reception areas.
Answer phones and troubleshoot calls. Maintain post at assigned
entrance, providing customer service assistance to callers,
visitors, patients and employees. Also functions as a Dispatcher
for the Security Department and Valet Department monitoring Alarms
and emergency phone systems, as well as valet vehicles. Position
- Work from written requisitions or verbal instructions
- Answer phones and troubleshoot calls
- Operate the main telephone switchboard in HRC's reception
areas. Perform a variety of reception and clerical duties as
assigned by Operations Supervisor.
- Assume function as a dispatcher for the Security Department and
Valet Department as assigned.
- Operate telephone switchboard following established procedures.
Route calls, take and relay messages as appropriate, provide
authorized information to callers and visitors as appropriate,
record outgoing long-distance calls in logbooks according to
- Make regular overhead announcements regarding special
activities, functions and emergency situations; attempts to locate
staff and patients in accordance with established procedures.
- Perform special fire and fire drill tasks following established
- Perform receptionist and customer service duties to callers,
staff, patients and visitors in accordance with standing
procedures, answering questions as appropriate and directing
persons to areas/functions when authorized.
- Monitors entry/egress to and from HRC facilities, enforcing
standing policies/procedures in regard to employee and visitor
- Accept/Sort packages, deliveries and mail in accordance with
standing protocols, notifying intended recipients and ensuring
timely delivery. Sort newspapers and deliver to floors.
- Report unusual occurrences to the Security Department as
necessary, documenting incidents/unusual circumstances as directed
by supervisor. When give BOLO updates, record in BOLO book. Alert
Security to BOLO's on premises as well as wanderers leaving the
- Test Code Blue Beepers two times a day; once during the day
shift, and night shift recording time and name of person
- Announce Code Red (fire alarms) or other codes when instructed
to do so, and follow procedures. Prepare repots for Code Red and
- Assist Mobilized Boston participants, insuring that their
arrival is made a number one priority. Assist with Great Days for
Seniors as needed.
- Dispatch and answer radio calls from Security, logging all
calls into Security log.
- Maintain Death Certificates and issue to undertakers in a
- Assist Ambulance Company with new admissions, making sure the
patient is in the system and instructs them where to go. Notify
social worker of patient arrival. Also notify Security so that they
can secure/receive patient.
- Keep constant eye on identipass alarms, oxygen alarms,
engineering alarms, and elevator alarms, notifying proper person
when alarm sounds.
- Assist overnight staff with valet receipts.
- Assist Security with parking decals and license plate numbers
- Assist visitors and employees with Taxi's and "The Ride".
- Assist visitors with obtaining wheelchairs.
- Note and bring to attention of appropriate supervisor recurring
or otherwise patterned repair problems
- Complete assignments with minimal assistance and total follow
- Exercise initiative, seeking additional tasks and projects from
- Detect and report defective material and unusual conditions to
Operations Supervisor. Fill out "Be Safe" sheets and report problem
to appropriate departments.
- When requested, issue pet policy forms and guidelines and
record information in Pet Visitor Safety database.
- When instructed, post closings of units from Infection
- When requested, assist Development Office with mass
- Fill out work orders and send to Engineering for minor
- Follow protocol from Blood Delivery.
- Follow protocol for Mass Mutual Aid Plan.
- Follow protocol for DPH.
- Follow protocol for Media or Response.
- Maintain professional appearance at all times
- Perform other related duties as required or
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 1 year related experience
- Fluent in English (speak, read and write)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with confidential information and exercise good
judgment as needed.Hebrew SeniorLife requires all employees to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of their
employment. All new hires must be fully vaccinated, which includes
any recommended COVID-19 boosters, before their start date. Any
exemption requests for medical or religious reasons will be
considered on a case by case basis and must be processed prior to
any start date.Hebrew SeniorLife is an equal employment opportunity
employer. All employment decisions are based on merit,
qualifications, and competence and not influenced or affected by
race, color, religion, age, gender, national origin, ancestry,
marital status, military status, veterans status, disability,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristics protected by federal, state, or local law.Powered
Keywords: Hebrew SeniorLife, Boston , Telephone Operator - Per Diem, mornings, Other , Roslindale, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!