Communications Content Specialist, Full-time
Company: Brigham and Women's Hospital
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Job Description - Communications Content Specialist, Full-time
(3214833) Communications Content Specialist, Full-time - ( 3214833
) Summary Reporting to the Senior Director of Donor Communications
and Engagement, the Communications Content Specialist is
responsible for supporting the content development for a broad
range of communications and marketing efforts for the Development
Team at Spaulding Rehabilitation to support its vital mission. This
multi-faceted position provides writing, editing, and production
support for a variety of donor-facing communications vehicles,
including campaign materials; newsletters; appeals; events emails,
promotional materials, and remarks; donor correspondence and
acknowledgements; web and social media content; and proposal and
stewardship projects. - This is an exciting time to join the
Development Team at Spaulding-home to Harvard Medical School's
Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, ranked a "Top
Three" Rehabilitation Hospital by U.S. News & World Report for
three years running, and dedicated to improving the lives of
individuals and families coping with disabilities from injury and
illness. Following the successful conclusion of the $75
million-plus Campaign for Spaulding Research Institute in 2022, the
Development Team is ramping up its activities to further bolster
the network's research and clinical missions through endowment and
other philanthropic gifts, all to sustain Spaulding's excellence
for generations to come. Key Responsibilities:
- Create content for a broad range of communications and
marketing efforts for Spaulding's donors and prospects, including
print, electronic, and multimedia (video).
- Provide writing, editing, and production support for campaign
materials, newsletters, and appeals.
- Provide writing, editing, and production support for donor
correspondence, acknowledgements, and select proposals and
- Provide writing, editing, and production support for emails,
promotional materials, and remarks related to Development events.
- Provide writing and editing support for web-based content and
coordinate and manage Development website updates to keep content
current and fresh. Act as Development point person for web content
with Mass General Brigham Marketing team.
- Write and design content to promote Development programs and
priorities on Spaulding's social media channels. Manage
Development's social media calendar and act as point person for
organic and paid social media content with Mass General Brigham
- In collaboration with the Donor Systems Team, help track and
analyze marketing metrics to better understand donor behavior,
trends, and revenue results.
- Help coordinate communications/marketing projects with
Spaulding colleagues, external vendors, and Mass General Brigham
Marketing teams as needed. - Education/Degree Required
- Bachelor's degree; concentration in communications/marketing or
related field a plus Experience Required
- Minimum of 3 years in communications or marketing, preferably
at non-profit organizations and/or in Development.
- Proven ability to produce superb written content at a variety
of audience levels.
- Demonstrated track record of project management and building
relationships with a range of constituencies. Skills (Specific
learned activity gained through training, e.g., computer skills,
keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.) Required
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and
effectively in a wide range of formats.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office systems and software, as well
as experience with content management systems (e.g., Wordpress) and
email marketing tools (e.g., Constant Contact). Familiarity with
desktop publishing tools such as Adobe Suite a plus.
- Experience in collateral production.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage website and social
media content. -
- Aptitude for data analysis and reporting, with experience in
using a fundraising database (e.g., Blackbaud CRM) a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and responsibilities, as well
as to prioritize and meet established timetables and goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate collaborative work
with Development staff, senior management, medical staff, donors,
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a
- Competency using videoconferencing platforms (Zoom and Teams
- Adherence to the mission, credo, and standards of behavior of
Spaulding Rehabilitation and Mass General Brigham. Preferred
- Experience working in Development/fundraising and/or healthcare
- Graphic design experience a plus. SRN is committed to diversity
in the workplace which begins with respect and opportunity for all.
SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equal employment
opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race,
religious creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran
status, disability or any other basis that would be inconsistent
with any applicable ordinance or law. If you need a reasonable
accommodation in coming to or participating in the interview
-process, please let us know. Primary Location MA-Boston-SRH Remote
See Posting for Details Work Locations SRH Remote See Posting for
Details 300 First Ave Charlestown 02129 Job Organization Spaulding
Hospital-Boston & Cambridge(SRN,SRH,SHC) Schedule Full-time
Standard Hours 40 Shift Day Job Posted Shift Description M-F day
shift position (remote)
Keywords: Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston , Communications Content Specialist, Full-time, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!