Engagement Partner I - ACCS - Stanley Street - $3,000 Bonus
Company: Bay Cove Human Services, Inc.
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Bay Cove Human Services has been recognized by theBostonGlobeas
one of theTopPlaces to Work in 2021. This is the sixth year that
Bay Cove has been acknowledged for this distinction.
Rate - $16.00/hr.
$3,000 Bonus - $1,500 after 6 months, $1,500 after 12 months
Mission Statement:Bay Cove Human Services partners with people to
overcome challenges and realize personal potential.
As a member of the multidisciplinary ACCS Integrated Team, the
Engagement Partner I provides day to day support to adults
challenged with mental health issues who are living in a group
living environment or a supported independent environment. The
Engagement Partner I delivers interventions to Persons that are
clinically informed and are delivered in a way that is supported by
evidence based practices. The Engagement Partner I contributes to
Bay Cove's mission by partnering with Persons to work towards
personal goals in order to achieve greater independence and
improved quality of life. This is a non-exempt position.
Essential Functions of the Position:
- Responsible for engaging with Persons in a way which
incorporates into program culture the practices and philosophies of
evidence based practices including but not limited to; Screening,
Brief Intervention, and Referral for Treatment (SBIRT), Stages of
Change, Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Seeking Safety
and Trauma Recovery and Empowerment Model (TREM).
- Utilizes recovery-oriented language and principles in all
communication and interactions with Persons, colleagues, and
- Participate on the Engagement Team of assigned persons as
directed by the ACCS Clinical Supervisor
- Engages in supportive interventions with Persons aimed at
teaching daily living skills such as community safety practices,
travel-training, banking and budgeting, cooking, shopping, personal
care and hygiene and care of personal space and belongings.
- As needed and/or as requested, accompanies Persons to medical,
dental and psychiatric appointments or leisure activities via
public transportation, agency vehicle or staff car.
- Performs other household maintenance and cleaning tasks which
have been designated as shift responsibilities and as assigned by
the Program manager.
- Administers medications in accordance with MAP standards and
trains clients in self-medication procedures.
- Follows and implements all program safety procedures to ensure
overall health and safety of clients
- Provides skilled shift coverage, including weekends and awake
overnights, as scheduled by the supervisor.
- Prepares meals following the nutritional guidelines set forth
in Executive Order 509.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
Requirements for the Position:
- At least one year direct care experience providing services to
adults with mental health issues or a related population; a
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology, Social Work, or a related area can
be substituted for experience
- High School diploma or GED required
- Must have flexibility to work a similar schedule in a different
group living or supported independent environment in response to
program need and as directed by supervisor.
- Strong commitment to the right of each Person with mental
health challenges to live in community residences, to work in
market jobs, and to have access to helpful, adequate, competent,
and continuous supports and services of their own choosing.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends on a scheduled or
- Proficient writing and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent personal organization, attention to detail, and time
- Proficiency in word processing and other computer functions
using Windows, Word, and Google Email and Apps.
- Department of Public Health certification in medication
administration required within 3 months of hire.
- CPR and First Aid certification required within 3 months of
- Ability to go up and down stairs to monitor clients on multiple
floors and physical capacity to assist people with mobility
impairments as needed.
- Valid driver's license preferred.
- Bilingual candidates encouraged to apply, pay differential
offered for candidates with fluency in certain essential
- A COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of the position. One
COVID-19 shot is acceptable, contingent on the individual receiving
the second shot within the allotted time frame.
- Utilizes a flexible and responsible work style that meets
evolving needs of the agency.
- Works with integrity and respects the dignity and value of all
- Exhibits mission through job knowledge, pride in work role, and
- Promotes diversity and inclusion of all individuals.
- Works in a collaborative, compassionate manner with
Required Shifts: Friday-Monday 4:00PM-12:00AM
Keywords: Bay Cove Human Services, Inc., Boston , Engagement Partner I - ACCS - Stanley Street - $3,000 Bonus, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!