Billing, Cash, and Collections Associate
Company: TalentBoost (Point32Health)
Location: North Reading
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The Billing, Cash, & Collections Associate is responsible for
the premium receivable application process for all commercial
product lines, as well as all monthly financial reconciliations, to
ensure all premiums received have been properly applied in the
account receivable system and are credited to the correct bank
account based on product. Additionally, the Billing, Cash &
Collections Associate will perform complex billing reconciliations
resolving/collecting all outstanding AR discrepancies.Key
Responsibilities/Duties- what you will be doingPremium Receivable
- Process and properly allocate daily bank deposits, wire
transfers, A/R adjustments and customer refunds, ensuring
appropriate approvals/signatures have been obtained and
corresponding support materials are scanned and distributed to
appropriate Premium Billing Coordinators.
- Complete weekly remote deposit.
- Process new business ACH payments.
- Investigate returned items.
- Reconcile daily lock box deposits, confirming that the
automated bank files and manual batches have all been applied
timely and accurately.
- Work with Medicare Preferred Premium Billing to transfer
- Perform monthly A/R reconciliations to tie all premium postings
back to financial deposit records according to product line.
- Sort daily FTP reports.
- Review daily Premium Billing automation bot reports.
- Analyze any A/R discrepancies during the monthly GL close and
record findings for the Finance department.
- Monitor the premium receivable status and ensure timely and
accurate payment of premiums. Identify and analyze all
discrepancies on caseload monthly. Utilize various tools available
to identify source problem. Initiate contact with Employer Groups
to resolve/collect all discrepancies.
- Interface with appropriate internal partners to identify and
resolve data inconsistencies or discrepancies.
- Assist with reporting of monthly metrics related to premium
- Investigate and triage bank file failures as neededAdditional
- Resolve any escalated or challenging issues/problems by making
decisions or contacting internal or external departments.
- When asked, research and take ownership in resolving any
enrollment issue within the department.Qualifications- what you
need to perform the job
- Bachelor's degree and/or 3-5 years demonstrated work experience
in accounting or finance preferred. Health care experience
- Ideal candidate is familiar with working in a legacy/mainframe
business operations environment.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (specifically
Excel, Word and Access) preferred.Skill Requirements:
- Requires excellent organizational, problem solving and
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability must be
displayed at all times.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked, electronic data
environment. Interpersonal Skills (include personal interaction):
- Requires the ability to effectively and diplomatically deal
with sensitive issues. Must be able to work independently and
cooperatively as a team member.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with internal and
external customers in verbal and written format. Must display a
professional demeanor at all times.Working Environment
- This is a hybrid position, with a requirement of working one
day a week in the Canton, MA office.Commitment to Diversity, Equity
& InclusionPoint32Health is committed to making diversity, equity,
and inclusion part of everything we do-from product design to the
workforce driving that innovation. Our DEI strategy is deeply
connected to our core values and will evolve as the changing nature
of work shifts. Programming, events, and an inclusion
infrastructure play a role in how we spread cultural awareness,
train people leaders on engaging with their teams and provide
parameters on how to recruit and retain talented and dynamic
talent. We welcome all applicants and qualified individuals, who
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran
status.COVID PolicyPlease note: As of January 18, 2022, all
employees - including remote employees - must be fully vaccinated.
This position will require the successful candidate to show proof
of full vaccination against COVID-19. Point32Health is an equal
opportunity employer, and will consider reasonable accommodation to
those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with
federal, state, and local law.Who We ArePoint32Health is a leading
health and wellbeing organization, delivering an ever-better
personalized health care experience to everyone in our communities.
At Point32Health, we are building on the quality, nonprofit
heritage of our founding organizations, Tufts Health Plan and
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, where we leverage our experience and
expertise to help people find their version of healthier living
through a broad range of health plans and tools that make
navigating health and wellbeing easier.We enjoy the important work
we do every day in service to our members, partners, colleagues and
communities.This job has been posted by TalentBoost on behalf of
Point32Health. TalentBoost is committed to the fundamental
principle of equal opportunity and equal treatment for every
prospective and current employee. It is the policy of TalentBoost
not to discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic
origin, ancestry, age, religion, creed, disability, sex and gender,
sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, military or
veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under
applicable federal, state or local law.Req ID: R5541
Keywords: TalentBoost (Point32Health), Boston , Billing, Cash, and Collections Associate, Other , North Reading, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!