Cyber Security SME, DoD Program
Company: Mainsail Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Job DescriptionOverviewMainsail Group has an exciting
opportunity for a Cyber Security Subject Matter Expert (SME) to
provide support to the USAF NextGen program in the Air Traffic
Systems Branch which is within the Aerospace Management Systems
Division. This position is hybrid with 2 days a week at Hanscom
AFB.LOCATION: Hanscom AFB, MAJOB STATUS: OpenTRAVEL: Yes (est
- Provides the leadership assistance and management assistance of
the design, development, integration and testing of cybersecurity
requirements throughout the program.
- Directly supports the Program Manager and Director of
Engineering to provide specific knowledge to inform Division
Leadership decisions regarding Cybersecurity.
- Assists the Divisions Functional Lead for Cybersecurity and
ensures active functional participation in all relevant Division,
Branch & Integrated Product Teams (IPT) meetings to develop plans
and contingencies for system implementation.
- Performs as Risk Manager for all cybersecurity risks identified
across the Division, developing risk-based strategies to address
- Provides highly technical analysis of the design and
development efforts of all contractor subsystems, and their
integration into the weapon system (WS) solutions for all the
- Reviews, analyzes, and assesses contractor implementations of
cybersecurity (i.e. RMF security controls) throughout the Open
Systems Architecture and associated services, derived requirements
specifications, design documents, and design implementation.
- Comply with RMF, DoD Directive (DoDD) 8500.01E, DoD Instruction
(DoDI) 8500.2, DoDI 8500.01, and DoDI 8510.01 and other
IA/Cybersecurity guidance and directives as applicable.
- Collaborates with stakeholders (Government and Commercial) to
ensure the system is approved by all Authorizing Officials (AOs)
via the RMF Authorization & Accreditation (A&A) process.
- As the Systems Security Engineering (SSE) assistant, provides
technical advice and mentoring in the area of systems security
across all systems, and supports the Program Protection Plan (PPP)
- Develops recommendations for the Government regarding how well
designs satisfy current requirements and business goals.
- This position performs the roles of the Weapons Systems
Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) assistant.
- Assists with the operation of the System Security Working Group
(SSWG) and is a primary technical contact for cybersecurity with
all SSWG members.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Possess the ability to effectively communicate in both written
and verbal forms on highly technical topics.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 12 years experience in
- CISSP certification is required.
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF) is
- Candidate should have proficiency in the RMF process and be
able to use eMASS.
- Must be able to obtain a US security clearance.Company
DescriptionMAINSAIL Group is located in Boston, MA and Washington,
DC. We leverage our extensive operational expertise and technical
knowledge to provide best-in-class solutions to our customers. Our
specialized services support offices across the Defense Department
and Department of Veterans Affairs delivering Program Management,
Software Development, Systems Engineering, C4ISR Systems
Acquisition, Strategic Planning, Agile methodologies and
more.MAINSAIL Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of any legally
protected characteristic including, but not limited to, race,
color, religion, national origin, marital status, gender, sexual
orientation, ancestry, age, medical condition, military veteran
status or on the basis of physical handicap which, with reasonable
accommodation, render the application to satisfactorily perform the
job available.by Jobble
Keywords: Mainsail Group, Boston , Cyber Security SME, DoD Program, Other , Bedford, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!