Senior Game Engineer
Company: Crate Entertainment
Posted on: January 27, 2023
We're looking for a self-motivated senior engineer to help bring
our next games to life. Candidates must be strongly self-motivated
and have a breadth of knowledge that will allow them to take on
different technical challenges that arise on a small team. You must
also have enough gaming experience to fill in the blanks, when
needed, to create first-pass implementations of gameplay features
and mechanics without always requiring explicit
specifications.Crate is an independent and well funded studio
thanks to the success of Grim Dawn, which has sold 3m copies on PC
and over 3m units of DLC. Because we are not reliant upon
publishers or investors for funding, we can offer greater job
security and a lower stress work environment than most larger
developers. We are not beholden to milestone deliverables, own all
of the IP we create and believe that as long as we're working
efficiently, the game will be done in however long it takes for us
to feel satisfied that it's ready. By working in smaller teams, we
are able to develop big games on a smaller budget and at a slower
pace that allows time to add more detail and nuance than often
exists in many bigger budget titles.This is a full-time position
with benefits. Our studio operates remotely but candidates must be
based in the US.Responsibilities
- Work with designers and artists to implement and iterate on
game systems, features and tools.
- Communicate with team members to help determine the best
solutions for challenging aspects of development.
- Self-motivated and willing to participate in various areas of
development as needed.
- Write clean, performant, easily maintainable code.Requirements
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience.
- At least one credit on a released PC or Console game.
- Advanced knowledge of C++.
- Self-directed, with an ability and initiative to assess your
own work and continue to improve it and bring it up to an
exceptional level of quality and functionality.
- Solid analytical and math skills.
- Experience architecting and implementing game systems.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with team
members and potentially handle working on multiple projects
- Love for RPG and Strategy games.Application MaterialsApplicants
should email a resume and cover letter, including a brief summary
of your favorite games and what you're currently playing to:
Keywords: Crate Entertainment, Boston , Senior Game Engineer, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!