Adjunct Faculty - Physics
Company: MCPHS University
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The School of Arts and Sciences seeks adjunct faculty to teach
physics lab courses for the upcoming academic year (Fall
2022-Spring 2023). Labs are associated with introductory physics
courses for majors in Pharmacy, Premedical/Health Studies,
Chemistry, Biology, and Pharmaceutics. Students are primarily in
the 2nd and 3rd years of their degree programs.
- Delivers instruction for 3 hour laboratory sections
- Comes prepared to teach, including reviewing background lecture
material, experimental setups, lab protocols, instructor notes,
lecture videos, etc. May also need to arrive before lab to set up
- Assists student with data gathering and analysis while
providing guidance and encouragement as needed.
- Grades lab assignments in a timely manner
- Communicates with course/lab coordinators in a professional and
timely manner in preparation for teaching.
- Attends any required pre-lab staff meetings
- Replies to emails from students, lab coordinators, and
administrators in a timely manner
- Uses the University's learning management system to enter
- Assists students through in-person and Zoom office hours or
scheduled appointments, email, and through other
- Supports incorporation of diversity, equity and inclusion in
- Advanced degree (masters or PhD) in physics
- Commitment to undergraduate education and student
- Minimum of two (2) years teaching physics labs at the
college/university level, preferred
- Ability to clearly and succinctly communicate physics concepts
underlying experiments to undergraduate students
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team,
effectively interacting with a wide array of parties at all levels
(undergraduate students, faculty, course/lab coordinators,
co-instructors, administration, staff)
- Commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an
inclusive working and learning environment
- Work requires standing and walking as part of
- Must be able to use standard physics lab equipment
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the
forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more
about working at Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health
Sciences, please click here.
Please attach a cover letter and a curriculum vitae/resume.
Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to
reference checks and a pre-employment background check as a
condition of employment.
MCPHS COVID-19 Policy
We care about the health and safety of our students and employees
and have implemented a COVID-19 Vaccine and Testing Policy,
requiring employees to be fully vaccinated and tested on a regular
basis. Employees who cannot receive the vaccine because of a
medical or sincerely held religious belief may request an
At MCPHS, we appreciate the importance of creating an environment
in which everyone feels included and valued. Each of our Community
members' unique experiences and perspectives add value to our
ability to create and deliver the best education, academic service,
and employee experience possible.
MCPHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates a diverse
community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to any characteristic protected by
Keywords: MCPHS University, Boston , Adjunct Faculty - Physics, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!