Customer Service Specialist,Op
Company: Harvard University
Posted on: March 19, 2023
* High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required.
* 3+ years of experience in customer service-oriented and/or administrative support role(s) or related experience is required.
* Education beyond high school may count toward experience.
* Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) experience is a must.
This role requires that you are onsite at our Boston, MA based campus as the role is not eligible for remote and/or hybrid work.
We may conduct candidate interviews virtually (phone and/or via Zoom) and/or in-person for this role.
Harvard University continues to place the highest priority on the health, safety and wellbeing of its faculty, staff, and students, as well as the wider community. Please note that all new employees will be required to provide confirmation of primary series COVID-19 vaccination upon hire, as detailed on our COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement Webpage. Harvard University Health Services employees and other health care individuals are also required to be up to date on vaccination as described by the CDC. Individuals may claim exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons. Additional information regarding this requirement, exemptions, verification of vaccination status, and other related policies and resources may be found on the University's COVID-19 Information Website.
A cover letter is required to be considered for this opportunity.
Harvard Business School will not offer visa sponsorship for this opportunity. Culture of Inclusion: The work and well-being of HBS is profoundly strengthened by the diversity of our network and our differences in background, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and life experiences. Explore more about HBS work culture here https://www.hbs.edu/employment
* Performs a wide variety of functions that are provided at the Operations walk-up service window in Shad Hall.
* Customers include faculty, staff, students, contractors, and visitors meeting with members of HBS Operations.
* Serves as a primary information source for daily operations to HBS community.
* Areas of expertise include: housing services, physical access management, ID card production and distribution, parking permits, commuter lockers, maintenance work orders, and other special projects.
* Assists with the administration of access control system.
* Responsibilities include programming card access based on role, reporting, and clearance validation.
* Continuously monitors service requests in ServiceNow, triages efficiently and accurately and responds directly to customers in a professional, timely manner.
* Coordinates work of service providers such as pest control, laundry, as required
* Responsible for processing and preparation of physical keys used at HBS as well as for the activation of all electronic access cards and ID cards for Faculty, staff, MBA students, and contractors.
* Responsible for the issuance and management of master keys.
* Issues replacement keys to students and staff.
* Works closely with the contracted locksmith provider for any work request.
* Responsible for ordering new keys, re-keying current and new office doors.
* Supervises the yearly re-keying of the residence halls ensuring projects are delivered on schedule.
* Processes requests for new keys and ensures that they are working properly before distributing to the residents.
* Coordinates with the Harvard Campus Service Center to request new and replacement ID cards and parking permits.
* Responsible for taking ID pictures for all faculty, staff, students, contractor and HBS partners.
* Processes HBS student partner demographic information and inputs such data in the identity management system for the processing of ID cards.
* Processes parking applications for all faculty, staff, and contractors. Provides coverage as needed for the Facilities Coordinator to process service requests.
* Responsible for providing information to students, staff, faculty, or general public on established policies and procedures within HBS Operations.
* Acts as first point of contact for HBS Residential Housing Office.
* Answers routine questions/requests from students, staff, faculty and visitors in person as well as through telephone and email.
* Updates housing system (StarRez) with current bookings, occupancy, and room changes.
* Assists Manager of Customer Service with updating records in the system as requested.
* Compiles and presents reports and summary data for supervisors as requested.
* Acts as the face of the Customer Service and Housing Office to students and other departments across HBS and the University (Facilities, Housekeeping, MBA Program, Doctoral Program, HUH, other HU graduate schools).
* Assists in the coordination of efforts of HBS Operations Facilities and Housekeeping groups in the Residence Halls.
* Conducts weekly inspections of all residence halls for maintenance needs safety concerns.
* Performs a variety of administrative support duties to coordinate the activities and procedures of the HBS Operations department. Updates supervisors on status of projects.
* Other administrative duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Operations Service Counter Vision- We will consistently provide exceptional service that enables our customers to have a seamless experience with HBS Operations. Through the power of reliable and individualized care, we will complete requests in an empathetic, timely and attentive manner as a team. Our team will focus on streamlining services to make efficient solutions available for our community so they can focus on living, learning, teaching, and working in a supportive environment.
Performs a wide variety of functions that are provided at the Operations walk-up service window in Shad Hall. Customers include faculty, staff, students, contractors, and visitors meeting with members of HBS Operations. Serves as a primary information source for daily operations to HBS community. Areas of expertise include: housing services, physical access management, ID card production and distribution, parking permits, commuter lockers, maintenance work orders, and other special projects.
Keywords: Harvard University, Boston , Customer Service Specialist,Op, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
here to apply!