Network Specialist I
Company: Keolis North America
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong system and data analysis skills.
- Detailed understanding of performance improvement
- Experience with: - -
- -Cisco L2/L3 equipment.
- FortiGate Firewalls or Enterprise equivalent.
- Basic understanding of fiber optic technologies and deployment
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor.
- Communicating with and representing KCS to internal and
- Proven ability to adapt to new technologies and tools that
create efficiency and accelerate change.
- Communication skills at interpersonal and organization
- Build trust in relationships.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentational skills. - -
- BS Computer Science or minimum 5 years' experience
- CCNA or Higher.
- Demonstrated acumen with regulatory requirements affecting
passenger railroad operations including FRA and OSHA regulations.
Key Accountabilities - Development and implementation of PTC system
alerts and monitoring system.
- Complete audit of system alerts and execute modifications as
required; define and make recommendations for appropriate alert
- Monitor device configuration and status of the PTC system.
- Communicate network status updates. Serve as first point of
contact for issue calls and follow through to resolution.
- Monitor phone queues and answer issue calls.
- Complete first level of attribution for all incidents coming
into the network operations center.
- Ensure SLA response times are adhered to to minimize client
impact and ensure mean time to resolve is met or exceeded.
- Manage ticket queues, priority tickets and the incident
management process from beginning to end.
- Follow up on significant outages or service failures. Provide
technical support to field teams and apply fixes remotely.
- Act as an escalation point for larger issues with significant
- Implement restore and recovery activities as they arise.
- Participate in fault finding directly with field resources on
component and/or configuration changes (location specific
modifications). Participate in reporting and performance
- Generate reports and analyze data to identify failure
- Collect network performance data and identify performance
- Ownership of the network monitoring applications.
- Maintain all network documentations to ensure compliance.
Additional Statements: Drug and alcohol screening: Employment
contingent upon passing pre-employment drug and alcohol screen.
Also, contingent upon receiving a favorable background check. Must
pass a physical examination. Safety commitment: Safety is a way of
life at Keolis. By placing safety first, we ensure the wellbeing of
our employees, customers, and communities. Together we can become
the most successful transportation company in the world.
Environmental commitment: Keolis is committed to protecting the
environment by minimizing the impact of operations to our people
and the communities in which we operate. ADA Reasonable
Accommodation: - Keolis CS is committed to the full inclusion of
all qualified individuals. As part of this commitment, Keolis CS
will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodations. EEO statement: Our policy is to afford Equal
Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals regardless of their
race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital status, national
origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, sexual
orientation, or gender identification. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Disclaimer and closing statement: The above statements are intended
to describe the general nature and level of work performed by
employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to
be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties,
and skills required of employees assigned to this job. Keolis is
committed to offering our employees competitive compensation and
benefits, opportunities for development and growth throughout an
exciting and rewarding career, and the safest work environment
possible. #INDHP #CB
Keywords: Keolis North America, Boston , Network Specialist I, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...