Conductor in Training
Company: Keolis North America
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Conductor in Training Positions - - - Multiple Openings - - - -
-Keolis Commuter Service Knowledge and Skills:
- Must demonstrate clear, effective verbal communication
- Proven ability to successfully complete rigorous training
program with multiple tests throughout
- Ability to work in all weather conditions including extreme
heat, cold, snow, and rain
- Perform duties in an environment requiring physical agility to
easily get off/on train equipment, manipulate self between cars,
bend, reach stoop easily and safely ride the side of the train and
lift a variety of equipment
- Report for work on short notice and work weekend and holidays
- Submit to and pass periodic medical examinations as well as
random drug and alcohol screenings
- Pass a pre-interview assessment to determine cash handling and
customer service skills Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Prefer a college degree or an equivalent combination of
relevant work experience and training.
- Some work experience exhibiting responsibility, initiative and
other leadership characteristics.
- Prefer experience in a customer service role that involved
problem resolution, as well as a work history demonstrating the
ability to adapt to various work hours.
- Prefer some mechanical experience/knowledge.
- Prefer some leadership or supervisory experience.
- Must have demonstrated excellent attendance and a safe work
- Satisfactory employment history. Key Accountabilities:
- Works a variety of hours within a 24/7 transportation
- Assists the Conductor in the safe movement of trains by
adhering to applicable operation rules and practices
- Assists the Conductor in the oversight of all on-train
employees in service delivery by adhering to the Corporation's
service & safety standards
- Ensures all revenue documents (cash, credit card receipts,
proof of payment) are collected and verified in accordance with
- Ensures safety of passengers and crew by adhering to safety
- Thinks and functions independently, utilizing clear and
effective verbal communication skills to interact with passengers,
crew members and others jointly responsible for safe and efficient
train movements and customer service
- Works in either a passenger or non-passenger operation,
including yard duty and work trains
- Secures movement orders and ensures clear understanding by
- Ensures pre-determined service requests are understood and
- Maintains understanding of operating characteristics and
practices, including physical characteristics, safety rules, air
brakes rules, electrical instructions, equipment troubleshooting
practices and emergency procedures
- Physically moves between and around train cars manipulating and
lifting heavy air hoses and electrical cables.
- Safely rides the side of train equipment, getting on and off
equipment as required
- Assist the Conductor in the submission of various reports to
record movement delays, unusual occurrences, passenger
inconveniences and mechanical defects
- Assists in boarding and detraining of passengers, baggage,
express shipments and mail
- Make customer service announcements, providing information
about train service to include passenger connection
- Make special arrangements in case of service failure
- Ensure each passenger has proper fare
- Ensures safe and orderly passenger conduct
- Must demonstrate a demeanor and appearance that conveys to
passengers a sense of competence and complete professionalism
- Must understand and totally comply with Keolis Commuter
Services uniform and grooming standards when engaged in performing
- Other duties as assigned during emergencies. -Other
- Employment contingent upon passing pre-employment physical to
include drug screen, audiogram and color vision screening. Also,
employment is contingent upon receiving a favorable background
- If selected, the incumbent will be required to successfully
complete a seven- to eight-week training course, including
classroom instruction and fieldwork followed by extensive
qualifying and on-the-job training associated with the assigned
- Must have either 2 years of full-time verifiable work history
OR 2 years of full-time verifiable college work or a
- Near vision. The ability to see details at close range (within
a few feet of the observer).
- Far Vision. The ability to see details at a distance.
- Must be able to see railroad colors.
- Oral Comprehension. The ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoke words and
- Control Precision. The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust
the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions
- Repeated lifting of 40 lb objects to chest height up to
- Repetitive pushing and pulling of objects in excess of 40 lbs
for 5-minute intervals.
- Work involves walking, talking, hearing, using both hands to
handle, feel and/or reach with both hands and both arms.
- Ladder climbing to a height of 15 ft - - - 1 hour at a
- Work performance inside and/or outside and includes exposure to
extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, vibration, mechanical hazards
and electrical hazards
- Requires asymmetric lifting 25 lbs 5 minutes/hr/day.
- Must be able to reach 6-12 inches above head to perform
- Manual dexterity required, i.e., fine motor skills.
- Frequent bending, stooping, crouching or kneeling
- Ability to perform all duties mentioned above. Working
- Noise Level. - - -High
- Shift Work. - - - As per collective agreement
- Travel - - - - - - - -Yes (100%)
- On-call. - - - - - - -Required
- Teamwork. - - - Work as part of Transportation and Customer
Service teams. Must remain in department for one year before
eligible to apply for other jobs within the company.
- Other. - - - - - - - -This is a union position. -Additional
Statements: Drug and alcohol screening: -Employment contingent upon
passing pre-employment drug and alcohol screen. Also, contingent
upon receiving a favorable background check. Must pass a physical
examination. Safety commitment: -Safety is a way of life at Keolis.
By placing safety first, we ensure the well being of our employees,
customers, and communities. Together we can become the most
successful transportation company in the world. Environmental
commitment: -Keolis is committed to protecting the environment by
minimizing the impact of operations to our people and the
communities in which we operate. EEO statement: -Our policy is to
afford Equal Employment Opportunity to qualified individuals
regardless of their race, color, sex, religion, age, creed, marital
status, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability,
sexual orientation, or gender identification. We maintain a
drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse
testing. ADA Reasonable Accommodation: - Keolis CS is committed to
the full inclusion of all qualified individuals. As part of this
commitment, Keolis CS will ensure that persons with disabilities
are provided reasonable accommodations Disclaimer and closing
statement: -The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to
this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of employees assigned to this job. Keolis is committed to
offering our employees competitive compensation and benefits,
opportunities for development and growth throughout an exciting and
rewarding career, and the safest work environment possible #INDHP
Keywords: Keolis North America, Boston , Conductor in Training, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...