Poison Information Specialist I
Company: Boston Children's Hospital
Posted on: May 29, 2023
This Poison Information Specialist (RN or Pharmacist) will be
- Receiving and responding to calls involving actual or suspected
poisoning exposures. Calming and reassuring callers. Obtaining
detailed information regarding substance involved and victims'
symptoms and condition. Researching and recommending course of
action. Accurately recording and coding specified information as
- Answering and documenting telephone requests for information.
Assessing nature and complexity of call and determines the depth of
information to be exchanged. Accurately recording and coding
specified information as required.
- Contacting health care providers and other callers for
follow-up information on patient's progress. Accurately recording
the information in the patient's record.
- Attending continuing education courses and seminars to update
knowledge. Sharing observations and experience in the management of
poisonings. Participating in regional toxicology meetings, as
- Assisting in the orientation and training of new clinical staff
as well as in teaching students, visitors and other groups in the
general principles of toxicology/poison prevention and
- Working within fixed shifts as assigned to meet the staffing
needs of the Center. To qualify, you must have:
- Current registration and MA state license as a Registered Nurse
or Registered Pharmacist.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or Pharmacy, and one to two years
- The analytical skills to resolve complex problems requiring the
use of scientific, mathematical, or technical principles and
in-depth, experienced-based knowledge.
- Communication skills in order to effectively deal with
conflicting views or issues and mediate fair solutions, or
well-developed writing skills. *Schedule is to be determined; will
include evenings and weekends. Boston Children's Hospital offers
competitive compensation and unmatched benefits including flexible
schedules, affordable health, vision and dental insurance, child
care and student loan subsidies, generous levels of time off,
403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition and certain
License and Certification Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts
and discounted rates on T-passes. Experience the benefits of
passion and teamwork.*LI#CB
Keywords: Boston Children's Hospital, Boston , Poison Information Specialist I, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...