QA Automation Lead
Company: Motion Recruitment Partners LLC
Posted on: May 28, 2023
The Test Automation Lead is a key role within our IT Quality
Assurance team responsible for building an automation framework.
The Lead will help develop an automation test strategy and roadmap
for the Plan and will define and drive implementation of test
automation best practices. The Lead will develop and implement the
test automation framework, develop automation scripts, maintain the
framework and train others on how to use and execute automated
- Define the test automation strategy and framework to be used
across IT, and continue to enhance and modify based on industry
- Participate in the selection of automation tools.
- Execute automation strategy, define and manage automation
metrics, and drive process improvements
- Provide technical leadership, direction, strategy and hands-on
assistance to other members of the team
- Mentors other QA professionals in test automation best
practices and adherence to overall testing strategy
- Promote the advancement and maturity of the Plan's automation
practices through training, collaboration, and creation of
- Design and implement advanced testing practices and tools.
Evaluate, recommend, and implement enterprise-wide standards and
process guidelines that support automated process improvement
across the SDLC.
- Establish policies and procedures to ensure that the IT
organization understands their roles and responsibilities for test
- Responsible for administration of test tools and integrations
required to support the test automation strategic roadmap and will
implement enterprise-wide standards and process guidelines to
ensure effective use of the tools
- Ensure test scripts are documented, reported and tracked in HP
Quality Center or appropriate tool
- Assist in defining measureable testing metrics and build out
automated reporting and dashboards.
- Provide automation test reports and statistics and ensure
accurate and complete documentation.
Supervision Received: General supervision is received weekly
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science,
Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination
of training and experience
- Minimum 10 years' experience in quality assurance/testing
procedures, testing methodologies that includes implementing
- Experience implementing one or more automation frameworks (UTF,
QC/ALM, Selenium or developed in-house)
- QTP/UFT experience in building object repositories, standard &
custom checkpoints, parameterization, reusable functions, recovery
scenarios, and descriptive programming
- Experience with a variety of testing techniques and
- Experienced in performing test automation assessments,
identifying targets for automation, and recommending automation
- Keeps current on test automation tools and their benefits or
- Experienced administrator for HP QuickTest Pro, Unified
Functional Tester, and QC/ALM
- Subject matter expert in software testing standards, processes,
methodologies, and tools
- Experienced with automating UI, APIs, web services and back-end
- Experience in applying formal QA and testing methodologies
- Experienced in cross-training and mentoring other team members
on the automation framework and scripts development
- Experienced in successfully automating smoke tests and
regression test suites
Keywords: Motion Recruitment Partners LLC, Boston , QA Automation Lead, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...