Desktop Support Tech-*RELOCATION ASSISTANCE*
Posted on: May 28, 2023
POSITION BASED OUT OF SACRAMENTO, CA (Onsite) - relocation
assistance offered ABC10 in Sacramento, California. is seeking an
experienced Desktop Support Tech to provide technical support. This
individual will report directly to the Supervisor of Technology and
Operations and be responsible for day-to-day maintenance, system
integration, operation, and technical support at the main studio
and other remote locations in the Sacramento area. The ideal
candidate will be an experienced IT technician, natural problem
solver, and excel at helping others with a positive customer
service attitude. Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair computer hardware, software, and
peripherals, including network servers, storage, operating systems,
PCs, printers, LAN cabling, network switches, system security and
- Provide technical support to all operational users.
- Support day to day operations of broadcast information
technology systems, software, and associated equipment.
- Apply security patches to operating systems, appliances, and
other firmware devices.
- Work closely with the technology team and corporate IT to
effectively communicate the status of problems, progress on
projects, and offer solutions to technical issues.
- Implement and manage cyber security measures according to
- Create and maintain wiring and system configuration
- Maintain knowledge and stay current on technological advances
including computer software, hardware, media storage, networking,
television broadcasting and studio production.
- Provide other duties as assigned. Requirements:
- Valid California driver's license and good driving record.
- Self-starter and able to work efficiently without direct
- Must possess good communication skills, ability to work under
pressure, meet deadlines, and can prioritize multiple
- Have experience working with Windows server and Active
Directory in a complex LAN/WAN environment.
- Have a good understanding of desktop operating systems,
computer imaging, security patching, networking technologies,
user/file permissions, scripting, and software upgrades.
- Ability to install, maintain and decommission IT based systems,
associated wiring and networking equipment.
- Willing to train on IT and Broadcast systems to service all
aspects of the television environment.
- Be available to work various hours and days including nights,
weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on elevated
surfaces, pull and install wiring, use hand, and power tools, work
on small components and perform other physical tasks.
- Travel: Occasionally: 10%Work Environment: Moderate risk
Physical Demands: Medium work Travel: Rarely: less than 10% Work
Environment Set: Moderate risk: involves moderate risks or
discomforts that require special safety precautions Physical
Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours,
stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs. About TEGNA TEGNA
Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the
greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells
empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers
innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51
U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network
affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups,
reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households
nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime
Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers
innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across
television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including
Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information,
visit . EEO statement: TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity
employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse
workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,
marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender
identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in
college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status
or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws
related to accommodations.
Keywords: KXTV, Boston , Desktop Support Tech-*RELOCATION ASSISTANCE*, Other , Boston, Massachusetts
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...